Laramie Area HMAs

ericwh

WKR
I have 2 doe tags for the area west of Laramie and I applied for both the Strouss Hill and the X-Bar HMAs. I know you're only allowed to hunt one - I assumed if I drew one I would be taken out of the drawing for the other, and didn't even really expect to draw either of them.

Anyway, somehow I drew both of them. Just called and the person I talked to said just pick one and print it out and only hunt that one.

Anyone have any info on which one would be better experience?

Overdrive

WKR
It's been a few years since I hunted the HMA's but when I did you could hunt more than one as long as you had drawn for permission, curious if that all changed it's been about 7 years since I hunted Wyoming for Lope's. But X-Bar is west of what I hunted, I hunted Monilith Ranch. I'd look at each map and see which one has more open acreage to hunt, some are marked off for Archery Only, or other species for certain area of the same HMA. But either one I'd bet you'd do good on especially for doe's.

muddydogs

WKR
Most of the time you can only have one HMA in a unit. Unfortunately since the OP didn't follow directions someone else didn't get the chance to draw one of the slips. Guess Wyoming fish and game needs some checks and balances on the HMA drawing to weed these kinds of people out, I would hope that if you put in for both they would just drop both your application so one would get nothing.

Most of the time you can only have one HMA in a unit. Unfortunately since the OP didn't follow directions someone else didn't get the chance to draw one of the slips. Guess Wyoming fish and game needs some checks and balances on the HMA drawing to weed these kinds of people out, I would hope that if you put in for both they would just drop both your application so one would get nothing.

They had better tech on the Apollo missions than the website for HMA draws utilizes. I don’t think it could handle such a check and balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
They had better tech on the Apollo missions than the website for HMA draws utilizes. I don’t think it could handle such a check and balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I mean, you're not wrong. It could use some improvement especially on the user interface. But when I was applying for HMAs for area 46 it had it built in to only let you apply for and receive a permission slip for one of two HMAs. Just make sure you're reading the ranch rules well and follow those regardless of what it lets you apply for.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
I have seen more animals on X bar than Strouss Hill as of late. You might want to bring a fishing pole, some good fishing near X Bar, maybe on it in the ditch.

OP
ericwh

ericwh

WKR

lol ok dude. It never said not to apply for more than 1, it said you weren't allowed to hold more than one.

It's a limited draw permit. In what other world can you apply for a limited draw item and receive more than you're allowed?

That's like saying you're not allowed to hold more than one elk tag and then allowing you to draw your 1st, 2nd, 3rds choices and end up with 3 elk tags...