Last Spain Ibex with bow

Suera

FNG
Hi, i am going to start post some of my hunts in my country Spain.
Last year mi friend told me that he wanted to hunt an ibex during the rut.
We planned go in mid November when the rut starts. He was looking for a very big trophy then we decided that he went with the riffle and mine with the bow and in case the ibex wasn't what my friend was looking i shot it with the bow.
The day started and I went to my friend's house , we prepared our equipment and went to hunt, we started to watch some females and young males in the area but we were looking for big billis. It seems that the rut dindt start yet due to the dry year, we moved to another area and the same only females with young males. We went to a place that i had watched some days before some good males. In this place we watched two good males but my friend wanted one bigger and for archery it was a place very difficult.
Finally we decided to enter in a very deep canyon that you have to walk so many kilometers but always have good males.
When we enter in the canyon we started to watch a lot of animals, then in a group we watched 5 big males and like 15-20 females and some more young males. We decided which would be our objetive, it was a very nice ibex but it was very hidden under the shrubs and trees, finally when my friend was looking for a place to shoot the wind was bad for us and some females smelled us and all the ibex started to run.
We were watching like our the ibex were running away in all directions when suddenly I heard some rocks under us, 4 females and two males, it was a good male but we decided it wasn't enough bigger to shoot with riffle then my fight started.
I started to walk very slowly around 100 meters more or less and then I wait between two trees in the top of the canyon waiting that the ibex pass near to me but nothing happens, suddenly I watched my friend making me some signs in one direction and then I watched it, only a big horns into the shrubs, only 15meters away. My heart started to go more and more faster and then I watched the neck of the ibex in a small window between the shrubs and i shooted it, i watched like me arrow hit a branch but also hit the ibex. The ibex running into the shrubs and suddenly the silence. My friend came and we went to the shoot place and watched the blood, good signal, a lot of blood, finally we found the ibex only 40 meters away. It was a nice ibex, mature male about 9 years, not my big ibex but with bow and great company is good.

Attachments

• IMG-20201118-WA0053.jpg
    IMG-20201118-WA0053.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG-20201118-WA0052.jpg
    IMG-20201118-WA0052.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG-20201118-WA0049.jpg
    IMG-20201118-WA0049.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 72
OP
Suera

Suera

FNG
Here the trophy ready

Attachments

• IMG_20230509_111729.jpg
    IMG_20230509_111729.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 35

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
Gredos or Beceite? I took one each last fall and want to complete the slam. We love visiting Spain. The food, culture, the people, sights and more are magnificent. Also took a mouflon sheep and a red deer. Your country is very inviting. Thanks for the picture. That is truly a great Ibex. MTG

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    703.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4089.png
    IMG_4089.png
    927.9 KB · Views: 44
OP
Suera

Suera

FNG
Gredos or Beceite? I took one each last fall and want to complete the slam. We love visiting Spain. The food, culture, the people, sights and more are magnificent. Also took a mouflon sheep and a red deer. Your country is very inviting. Thanks for the picture. That is truly a great Ibex. MTG
Is Beceite ibex, Gredos ibex has more curvature in the horns. Is a good ibex his score is silver medal that is really great and more with bow.
Im happy you enjoyed my country and i hope you complete your slam.
Always most welcome

Hi, i am going to start post some of my hunts in my country Spain.
Last year mi friend told me that he wanted to hunt an ibex during the rut.
We planned go in mid November when the rut starts. He was looking for a very big trophy then we decided that he went with the riffle and mine with the bow and in case the ibex wasn't what my friend was looking i shot it with the bow.
The day started and I went to my friend's house , we prepared our equipment and went to hunt, we started to watch some females and young males in the area but we were looking for big billis. It seems that the rut dindt start yet due to the dry year, we moved to another area and the same only females with young males. We went to a place that i had watched some days before some good males. In this place we watched two good males but my friend wanted one bigger and for archery it was a place very difficult.
Finally we decided to enter in a very deep canyon that you have to walk so many kilometers but always have good males.
When we enter in the canyon we started to watch a lot of animals, then in a group we watched 5 big males and like 15-20 females and some more young males. We decided which would be our objetive, it was a very nice ibex but it was very hidden under the shrubs and trees, finally when my friend was looking for a place to shoot the wind was bad for us and some females smelled us and all the ibex started to run.
We were watching like our the ibex were running away in all directions when suddenly I heard some rocks under us, 4 females and two males, it was a good male but we decided it wasn't enough bigger to shoot with riffle then my fight started.
I started to walk very slowly around 100 meters more or less and then I wait between two trees in the top of the canyon waiting that the ibex pass near to me but nothing happens, suddenly I watched my friend making me some signs in one direction and then I watched it, only a big horns into the shrubs, only 15meters away. My heart started to go more and more faster and then I watched the neck of the ibex in a small window between the shrubs and i shooted it, i watched like me arrow hit a branch but also hit the ibex. The ibex running into the shrubs and suddenly the silence. My friend came and we went to the shoot place and watched the blood, good signal, a lot of blood, finally we found the ibex only 40 meters away. It was a nice ibex, mature male about 9 years, not my big ibex but with bow and great company is good.
Amazing!