Last Weekend Question for Wyoming

My plans for the Oct 1st opener got derailed when my Mom passed. I normally hunt opening day, because it's a 200 yard shot on opening day.

Now that they are all skittish after being shot at, what distance will I have to shoot on the last 2 days of the month?

Rich M

WKR
I went and hunted a combat unit. In 3 days had 6 opportunities at bucks inside 250 yards. A couple were inside 100 yards.

You can go and sit, wait for them to come to you vs trying to sneak up on them all the time...

Hnthrdr

WKR
Hunted later in the season several times, antelope are generally skittish where they are hunted period. They may become a little more aware of trucks or people but I’d say it’s not some great disadvantage, put a good stalk in and I’ve had all my shots 300 and under.

wytx

WKR
True that Mr Sublette but sometimes it is not physically possible to get closer.

To answer the OPs question though, depends on terrain. Is it a flat area, then you'll be crawling a ways or taking a decent shot out there.. Not all will get so skittish they flee at the sight of a vehicle but many will.
Use cover to get close.
Sunrise and sunset, when the sun is low in the sky, are great times to put the sun right behind you and walk right up on a pronghorn.

If the area has few tags this year maybe they won't be so skittish by end of season.
Good luck on your hunt .