Late season bowhunting gloves?

ghenson82

FNG
Late season bowhunters, what gloves do you recommend for cold weather? I hunt Nebraska in December and last year it got down to 7 degrees. I want to leave a glove on my left (bow) hand when hunting but don’t want the bulk. I normally shoot with my index & middle finger on the handle with my ring finger & pinky curled into my palm. Bulky gloves don’t really give my fingers the freedom to move independently. What gloves do you like? Thanks

isu22andy

WKR
The only thing Ive found is a handwarmer in a hand muff or sitting inside my heater body suit. Cant recommend the heater body suit enough, can text and eat inside the suit with no gloves, literally like hunting in your livingroom under a comforter .

jmez

WKR
Hand muff or mittens are the only two things that will work when that cold. I use a hand muff with light cotton gloves. I don't put a hand warmer in my muff and haven't had any issues with cold hands. I pull the glove off my release hand inside the muff if I think I'm going to shoot.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I use a liner glove (Sitka now but was under Armour previous) and use a fleece muff. I cannot find a glove that works as well along with dexterity. I currently live in Nebraska and used the same setup when I lived in South Dakota. I want to try the fanatic gloves from Sitka but no need to upgrade my glove situation at this point.

OP
ghenson82

ghenson82

FNG
What part of Nebraska do you hunt? We've hunted the Lexington/Eddyville/Sumner area and might try around Mullen or Bayard this year.

I am using the shale hybrid gloves and hand warmer in pocket if needed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Kangaroo style warmer pocket in jacket/vest or a hand muff around waist is how I roll to keep hands warm. Always wear a somewhat warm glove that I can shoot in on both hands in case I get caught holding the bow for a while....

Bought countless sets of hunting gloves that end up in a box or drawer. Like folks have already said I usually wear very thin merino gloves and use a hand muff.

Lytro

WKR
Anybody use a Merino liner glove under a thicker catalyst or guide glove?
I wear a pair of Kuiu merino gloves and add a Kuiu Guide glove over the merino on my bow hand. I would do the same on my right hand, but I shoot a nock2it and the guide glove makes it a little tight for my index finger. (It is doable though) Both hands go in a muff when my bow is on the hanger.

boom

WKR
i'm waiting for a pair of Sitka gloves in the mail. i am gonna sew on a leash. figured i wear them until the time comes and yank them off with my teeth and let them drop..

it will probably be a total yard-sale as my bow shoots a camo glove at an elk..

marktole

WKR
I swear by glomitts. Have had several pair of 3M glomitts that cost like $11 on Amazon and a pair of Outdoor Research ones that were $50. Honestly they all work about the same. I can flip the mitt part back when it’s time to shoot or need my fingers for something.

Granted, I do not sit in a tree stand, but they have kept my hands warm well into single digit temps. The thing I really like about them is they actually breathe a little bit so whether I am hiking or sitting down glassing they don’t let my hands get so warm they start sweating. Gloves seems to make my hands sweat a little and then they get really cold. Sometimes I will throw a hand warmer into the mitt part to really keep my hands toasty.