Lead contamination in meat.

Trackselk

WKR
Interesting. I read those threads and have added some of the aluminum and titanium parts to my Montana’s, but haven’t chopped anything or had any metal milled off.
My advice is that a 6lb 308 is pretty stiff recoil, and I wouldn't want any more. If my math is right, a 5lb 6.5cm will be about the same. This comes from a scrawny dude that isn't likely to develop a flinch, but I don't want to risk it too far. Hats off to Luke and his uber light monster bore rifle. I guess you're not so worried about recoil if you adventure around big browns all the time. Me, I just carried bear spray because it was lighter...I am the captain of off topic :/

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I can't even imagine how much wild game, birds included that I ate in my lifetime that were taken with lead ammo. I'm 73 and have never had a concern or an issue because of it. I think there is more of a concern for birds of prey and scavengers than for humans. But, then I not a Dr. or a scientist, just a man who ingested a lot of game killed with lead and I'm still kicking, and very normal, I think.

I would be fine with switching to copper, but my .25-06, that shoots everything else accurately, won’t shoot copper accurately and I can never find any to try from my .300 win mag. Until copper is more available I’ll keep shooting them with lead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally do not put any thought into it, I have yet to find a true study that is unbiased and actually works off of facts or should I say all of the facts. solid lead is of very little concern, its when it is burned or turned to powder and ingested that it can be a problem and even at that its not significant. bullets are not made from pure lead, rather an alloy or mixture of metals. does anyone know how copper bullets are made? I don't think they use pure copper and some copper has lead and or zinc in it. as far as something dying from lead poisoning, heavy metals collect at the joints and get leached from skin on humans, and that takes extreme levels and years to happen. its more likely you get sick from the other ingredients, which can also be present in copper and brass. not saying it isn't bad, but what makes everyone believe copper ingestion isn't also bad? how many tests were done on the animals before they were killed to see if they had lead in their system already? it is a mineral, so its likely all living things already ingest it. I personally would be more worried about that bag of doritos, I don't trust anything that I cant pronounce.
I've watched thousands of animals die from lead poisoning, and every one of them tasted great. and while many tell me I'm special, I don't think its from the lead lol

Reactions: tak
I focus on bigger bullets at velocities below 2850 fps and bullets that mushroom but don't fragment. Little bullets at higher speeds equal bloodshot and fragmentation.

On top of all of that - learn to shoot. Broken bones equal meat loss. Horns are just a bonus. You need to keep your meat loss under 5 lbs. at that point your risk from lead is negligible.

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
I think most people don't realize there is lead in the primers so you are exposing yourself to lead if you breath in the smoke generated from firing any round. It is also ubiquitous in our environment so we all get exposed at some point and therefore I choose not to worry about it.