Lee FL die not pushing shoulder back - solved

I was pulling my hair out last night trying to figure out why my new Lee FL die wasn’t pushing the shoulder back, in fact the shoulder was growing length wise and the brass wouldn’t chamber in the gun

After reading an old forum on shooters world I think it was, I figured out the inside bottom of the brass was bottoming out on the expander portion of the decapping pin. Adjusted the decapping rod so it just barely pushed the spent primer out and no more bottoming out. Lee differs from other dies because the case mouth expander on the decapping rod is very long, I doubt you’d ever have this issue with RCBS, Hornady, etc

Just wanted to post in case this helps someone, I was about to throw the die away lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weldor

WKR
Thanks, I had a few issues with Lee before. I've had to take a few thousands off the shell holder . Not beating them up either, I have used alot of their stuff without fail.

fshaw

WKR
I was pulling my hair out last night trying to figure out why my new Lee FL die wasn’t pushing the shoulder back, in fact the shoulder was growing length wise and the brass wouldn’t chamber in the gun

After reading an old forum on shooters world I think it was, I figured out the inside bottom of the brass was bottoming out on the expander portion of the decapping pin. Adjusted the decapping rod so it just barely pushed the spent primer out and no more bottoming out. Lee differs from other dies because the case mouth expander on the decapping rod is very long, I doubt you’d ever have this issue with RCBS, Hornady, etc

Just wanted to post in case this helps someone, I was about to throw the die away lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. Thanks for posting.