Left hand tikkas, does 223 rem exist?

bhylton

WKR
Title says it all. Are 223 tikkas available In left handed? Im diving down the smaller cartridge rabbit hole and was hopping for a 223 for the economy and because I rarely shoot over 450yds. If no 223, I'm thinking a 243 1:8 is my best bet. It will be chopped down to 17 or so for a suppressor. Thanks for any info or suggestions

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Only the CTR is imported into the US in 223. I really hope that will change though. I just picked up a lefty 243 to be rebarreled in 6 Creed- can't wait.

OP
bhylton

bhylton

WKR
Bummer. Thanks for the info though. I was considering 6creed, but figured even a 16-17 inch 243 should get me enough distance

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I had two left hand tikkas in 223, and sold one. Wish I would have never sold it, because you can't find them anywhere.

The Tikka website is showing a Left Hand T3x Lite Stainless. Not sure if it is available in the USA as I haven't found one. Maybe it is a "new offering"?

Not sure if the following link will work....

Juan_ID

WKR
If you get a ctr and have Karl at Kampfeld Custom flute it you’ll be near the same weight as a standard lite I’d bet.

Oh well, that link didn't work as I hoped! The model number on the website for the Left Hand T3x Lite Stainless is TFTT11LL113B. The picture shows a righty but the description indicates a lefty. Again, it may not be available in the USA.

RedRidge

WKR
In the same boat. I have had a new lefty stainless t3x .243 in my safe for a few years with plans to re-barrel to 7-08, but might just have to look into loading for the .243. I have a 20” encore rig in .223, but want a left bolt setup.

OP
bhylton

bhylton

WKR
Euro optic has a SS 243 for 799 then the rebate brings it down to 725. Is that a pretty common price? Or a deal a guy shouldn't pass up?

Loper

WKR
Euro optic has a SS 243 for 799 then the rebate brings it down to 725. Is that a pretty common price? Or a deal a guy shouldn't pass up?

That’s a pretty good price and I’m tempted to take advantage of it. To the OP EuroOptic also has a LH 22-250 that is 1:8 twist. It’s not 223, but a 22 cal centerfire option.

OP
bhylton

bhylton

WKR
Does a 22-250 have enough freebore to run the heavies without being seated way down into the case?

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I have a lefty T3 in .223 I purchased from EuroOptic I purchased years ago. I bought it because it was advertised as a 1:8 twist. When I received it, it was a 1:10 twist. I still have it with and it shoots lights out. I wished it was a 1:8.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
Oh well, that link didn't work as I hoped! The model number on the website for the Left Hand T3x Lite Stainless is TFTT11LL113B. The picture shows a righty but the description indicates a lefty. Again, it may not be available in the USA.
any tikka with a product code like that doesn't make it to the states. JRTXxxxxx rifles show up. I can't even find any LH CTRs at our various distributors. EuroOptic must be dealing with Beretta directly as they seem to get a wider selection of Tikkas.

OP
bhylton

bhylton

WKR
Also frustrating, it looks like I can't get a left in blued/synthetic either. Have to go stainless at a minimum. Which is not bad, just more expensive.

sram9102

WKR
I know it's more work than just purchasing the gun but keep an eye out at Midwest gun works for a lefty 223 bolt. They come in stock occasionally.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
Does a 22-250 have enough freebore to run the heavies without being seated way down into the case?

Not first hand knowledge, however I have read that the throat is quite generous and there’s no problem with the heavies beyond SAAMI overall length.

22-250 has been around for so long that personally I wouldn’t mess with the modernized hot rod .22’s if for nothing else than plentiful brass and factory load support.