Leica 2400 vs Leopold Full draw 4

TravisIN

WKR
I’m wanting to upgrade my rangefinder and can’t decide which route to go. Archery hunting 99 percent of the time.

I know the older models of the Leica would only display the angle compensated range two seconds after LOS. Which is pretty much the only turn off for me on these. I’ve read mixed things on if this model is the same, some say in scan mode it shows the compensated difference, looking for clarification.

With the leupold my hold up is that it’s new to the market and not seen many reviews from people that have paid for them. I know the glass won’t be as good but that’s not a major deal.

Just wanted to see if anyone has any info or opinions on either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The 2400R was designed with Archery in mind:
  • Measures in yards or meters
  • Eye-safe IR laser
  • Metering range from 10 to 2400 yards
  • Readings in decimals down to 0.1 yards, up to a measuring distance of 200 yards, provide precise ranges for archers
  • Metering accuracy of ±1 yard to 400 yards; ±2 yard from 400-800 yards; ±0.5% beyond 800 yards
  • Spot and continuous scan mode
  • Fast scan mode takes measurement every 0.5 seconds
  • Equivalent Horizontal Range (EHR)
    • Integrated inclinometer measures relative angle to target
    • EHR algorithm uses distance and angle to calculate an adjusted range for more accurate shot placement
  • Calculates range, including EHR, in 0.3 seconds
As a long standing supporting vendor here on the forum it would be our pleasure to discuss this with you and help figure out which would suit your intended use the best. If you've got a few minutes give us a call, 516-217-1000
Thanks

OP
TravisIN

TravisIN

WKR
Thanks Doug. So the way that reads is that it gives the angle immediately? No like prior models that gives the line of sight, 2 second delay, then angle compensated?

Bater

WKR
The Leica 2400 is legit and you’ll be glad you went that route when you do find yourself on a rifle hunt

Plim92

FNG
I just purchased the Leica 2400-r based on the information from this thread saying there is no delay for the angle compensated distance. When I enable EHR, I get an initial range, then another 2 seconds later. With EHR off, I only get one range. This leads me to believe there is a 2 second delay for the angle compensated distance.

Would love some clarification on this.

I just purchased the Leica 2400-r based on the information from this thread saying there is no delay for the angle compensated distance. When I enable EHR, I get an initial range, then another 2 seconds later. With EHR off, I only get one range. This leads me to believe there is a 2 second delay for the angle compensated distance.

Would love some clarification on this.

There's a delay as you mention. I moved away from the leica for this very reason.

Plim92

FNG
There's a delay as you mention. I moved away from the leica for this very reason.

I appreciate the response. What did you end up replacing the Leica with? I will likely be returning mine and looking for something else.

I appreciate the response. What did you end up replacing the Leica with? I will likely be returning mine and looking for something else.

This is from another post but a lot of info overlaps and I think answers your question:

I've cycled through three rangefinder recently. Started with the leica 2700b. Beautiful glass and size was awesome. It truly ranges to the advertised distances. I moved away from it due to the lag on the angle compensation. That doesn't work for me in quick archery situations. Next went to the vortex 4000. Overall pleased with the unit, but the reticle was thick and the device itself was a bit chunky. The reticle brightness does not auto adjust and no internal ballistics. Landed most recently on the sig kilo 5k and have been very happy. Reticle is good and the auto brightness is something I could never move away from now I have it. Internal ballistics is good and pairing to the Kestrel is butter. Only knock on it is that the glass isn't as good as the other two imo. It has a blue hue I dont love but the brightness is there to last light.

Overall have been very happy with the kilo 5k, and I don't think anything else on the market touches it as far as features for the price from what I've played with and researched. Get a 10% off code from sportsmans and $540 gets it to you. Excellent value imo.

bigbuckdj

WKR
I have the Leupold full draw 4 and a Leica 2800.com right now. The delayed ehr on the Leica was bothering me so I wanted to try the full draw 4. The Leupold is super fast and the display is really bright. I much prefer the ergonomics and optics of the Leica, I will probably keep the Leica and sell the full draw 4 because of that. The EHR delay is annoying but it hasn’t affected me on a hunt yet. I’ll also say in rain and fog and everything this year, the Leica got a range without fail. Compared to my old rangefinders I feel very confident in the laser and ranges I’m getting from the Leica because it was so consistent.

390535dbee0dacac0917a7ed55d9a984.jpg

Plim92

FNG
Curious if the delay on the leica 2400 for EHR is 0.3 seconds or 2?
The reading for EHR displayed a full 2 seconds later on the 2400-r that I returned.

Ended up with the Sig Kilo 5k and I am happy with it. The glass is nowhere near the Leica, but that isn’t a deal breaker for me in a rangefinder. The delay on the Leica was something I could not deal with as an archery hunter.

Nored

FNG
How does the glass compare between the two? Wondering how the leupold is in low light.

golfbum

WKR
Bumping this back up.

I have a mint 2400r that I’m thinking about trading or selling for something else.

I don’t love the delay and only archery hunt, so don’t need such a long distance rangefinder. Any suggestions?

V-TRAIN

WKR
Leica does a poor job with its instructions in their manual. I have a 3500.com and emailed them and they sent me a 6 page cheat sheet, and there are things in it that should be in the instruction manual.

I think those of you having issues with EHR mode might be because you don't have it set correctly.

On the cheat sheet they sent me, it says to use the rangefinder for archery, first turn off Bluetooth, then turn on EHR. When I did this, I only get one reading, in EHR, it is lightning fast, with no delay.
It is as fast as the Leica 1000 -R that I had prior, faster than my wife's Leupold, and faster than Vortex. All I pretty much do is bow hunt, and love it.