Leica Amplus 6 Riflescope review by Josh Boyd **updated 7/5/22**

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right now I am waiting for a scope to be returned for some further tests. The demo I had was needed for an event elsewhere so it was sent back. It’s unfortunate I didn’t get to put it through the paces of a rough MT rifle season. When the scope comes in I’ll make sure to run it through my standard testing at the range plus get it some environmental exposure.
When I had the scope in hand I was really happy with its performance.

Thanks for checking in.
-Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not a lot of info out there yet on them but yeah it looks great. Anyone know how the illumination is in low light or at night? Too bright, just right, or ?

They got the illumination right with this scope. The dimmest setting works great in very low light and is easily turned on with one click forward or backward. There are plenty of brightness settings for almost any lighting.

Like I mentioned above, Once I get another test scope mounted up I’ll finish up the review ASAP. But for now I’m patiently waiting.

fwafwow

WKR
They got the illumination right with this scope. The dimmest setting works great in very low light and is easily turned on with one click forward or backward. There are plenty of brightness settings for almost any lighting.

Like I mentioned above, Once I get another test scope mounted up I’ll finish up the review ASAP. But for now I’m patiently waiting.

I’m on pins and needles waiting for the review, but even these posts in the interim are making me want one without needing it.

I’m on pins and needles waiting for the review, but even these posts in the interim are making me want one without needing it.

Same here. I think I’ll hold off at least until after shot show but this one looks like my scope.

For what it's worth, I just got a 1-6 amplus. I'm impressed with the clarity. The dot is super fine and works well at night. I will also add, I have slight astigmatism and for some reason the dot is always slightly blurry. My other illuminated scopes don't have that issue.

arock

Lil-Rokslider
For what it's worth, I just got a 1-6 amplus. I'm impressed with the clarity. The dot is super fine and works well at night. I will also add, I have slight astigmatism and for some reason the dot is always slightly blurry. My other illuminated scopes don't have that issue.
I have an astigmatism as well. It isn't noticble on my 1-10x Magnus (though I haven't cranked it up to full brightnes inside which is probably why - does the Amplus have the low light and bright light option?) but if I look through my Vortex red dot inside it is a little distorted which gets worse as I make it brighter. The distortion on the Vortex isn't noticible outside in daylight regardless of setting.

I have an astigmatism as well. It isn't noticble on my 1-10x Magnus (though I haven't cranked it up to full brightnes inside which is probably why - does the Amplus have the low light and bright light option?) but if I look through my Vortex red dot inside it is a little distorted which gets worse as I make it brighter. The distortion on the Vortex isn't noticible outside in daylight regardless of setting.
Subscribed

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you check the total available travel when you had the scope?
I did, but thinking I would get a test scope returned quickly didn't write that information down. So.....Just going off memory, with a 200 yard zero, I would get around 75 MOA of travel until it bottomed out. This would get me to 1700 yards with a rifle with a 20 MOA base built into the action and Hawkins low rings.