Leica Geovid Pro 10x32 ***Updated 10/17/22***

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
When Leica announced the new Geovid Pro 32 range finding binocular this winter I was eager to compare them to my trusted HD-B binocular. I was curious how they compare in size, weight, and optical performance as well as ranger finder performance. Currently I have a 10x test model in possession for an upcoming review. I'll be using it in the mountains this spring for a few bear hunts as well as some side-by-side controlled environment tests. I'm excited for this one, as upon initial handling they seem exceptional.

Update 10/17/22 Review Added
Leica Geovid Pro 32 Review

_1080170.JPGHere the Geovid Pro 32 is squeezed between the old style Trinovid and a HD-B Geovid; both in a 10x42 configuration.

_1080164.JPG

Let me know what questions you have as well as any ideas you'd like to see in the review.

-Josh

Last edited by a moderator:

OutdoorAg

WKR
When Leica announced the new Geovid Pro 32 range finding binocular this winter I was eager to compare them to my trusted HD-B binocular. I was curious how they compare in size, weight, and optical performance as well as ranger finder performance. Currently I have a 10x test model in possession for an upcoming review. I'll be using it in the mountains this spring for a few bear hunts as well as some side-by-side controlled environment tests. I'm excited for this one, as upon initial handling they seem exceptional.

View attachment 404952Here the Geovid Pro 32 is squeezed between the old style Trinovid and a HD-B Geovid; both in a 10x42 configuration.

View attachment 404953

Let me know what questions you have as well as any ideas you'd like to see in the review.

-Josh
Do the non-locking diopters move easily? How well do they stay put when being taken in and out of a bino harness?

Any initial take on the view? Blackouts? Ease of and immersiveness of the image ?

Basically…are they fantastic binos first, then also a RF tech piece second.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
still waiting on our production unit for testing as well. would be curious to know how the on-board Applied ballistics corrections compare to a kestrel. - matt

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 404952Here the Geovid Pro 32 is squeezed between the old style Trinovid and a HD-B Geovid; both in a 10x42 configuration.

View attachment 404953

-Josh
I'm excited about this review! Can't wait to hear what you think Josh.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Josh, one thing that is important to me is low light performance. I take an euro mount, hang it inside the woods (not really in clear view but slightly obstructed by limbs and such) 100 yards away and write down times when specific details of the rack disappear in each of my tripod mounted binoculars. I do this on both clear and cloudy evenings. I compare the times to listed sunset for the day of testing.

Those 32mm Geovids are HIGH on my list and I’m hemming and hawing between the 8x and 10x. Seeing how those 3 models you have in 10x would be a great help. I sure miss my old 10x42 Trinovids; those are like a Rolls Royce.

50EC625E-D1DE-42C3-B555-38749958B2F1.jpeg

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Josh, one thing that is important to me is low light performance. I take an euro mount, hang it inside the woods (not really in clear view but slightly obstructed by limbs and such) 100 yards away and write down times when specific details of the rack disappear in each of my tripod mounted binoculars. I do this on both clear and cloudy evenings. I compare the times to listed sunset for the day of testing.

Those 32mm Geovids are HIGH on my list and I’m hemming and hawing between the 8x and 10x. Seeing how those 3 models you have in 10x would be a great help. I sure miss my old 10x42 Trinovids; those are like a Rolls Royce.

View attachment 405093

All great info! I really like the idea of the twilight test. I’ll work on something along those lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Josh Boyd

Josh Boyd

Super Moderator
Staff member
still waiting on our production unit for testing as well. would be curious to know how the on-board Applied ballistics corrections compare to a kestrel. - matt

I have a Kestrel and will be using it as a comparison. I’ll definitely report back on this.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
All great info! I really like the idea of the twilight test. I’ll work on something along those lines.

Let me know if the constant red circle and blinking blue tooth icon distract you like they do me at low light.

Venatic

FNG
I got the 8x Leica Pro’s yesterday. Today was work day at one of the ranges I belong to so I took the new Lecia’s and the Swaro RF TA’s 10x and the Sig 10x 10k’s with me to check them out side by side.

I have had the Swaro’s since December and the Sig’s since they debuted in February so I knew about what to expect Fromthem.

I swapped them back and forth on a tripod and only used the Swaro’s a couple of times because I knew what to expect... great glass, good reaction time on RF and dope.
So there’s The Sig 10 k meh glass mainly due to blue tint but amazingly fast RF and data is instant as well with lots of info in display.
Very intuitive menu and App.
Now the Lecia... excellent glass! Due to it being only 8x versus 10x in the Swaro’s I couldn’t in the brief time I used both say it as good as Swaro but I will say the Lecia did not disappoint me.
I will be trying both at dusk to see how the 32mm handles that compared to 42mm.

The RF is good although not as fast as either the Swaro or the 10k( 10K is eye blink fast) but it’s fast enough. The AB Ballistic Dope takes a second or two to pop up but it’s not slow.
All three gave me good data on my 223 out to 500 yds never varied more than .1 mil from each other.
Both the Sig and Lecia use Applied Ballistic of course.

I love the size of the Lecia and diopter settings felt like they would definitely stay put. It seemed to me that when I raised the eyecup it really needed to go up one more click for me and at first I had some issues getting full sight picture but after a while got used it it.

If I had the Leica size Swaro glass and the Sig RF and data I would have the perfect RF bino!

parshal

WKR
I compared my 8x32 EL next to the 8x32 and the EL is noticeably brighter. I'd put the Leica glass on these slightly above halfway between the Fury 5K AB and EL.

I was able to easily connect to the Leica to my Kestrel but it's not liking the Garmin Tactix. I'll have to play around with that a bit more. Neither of those is really necessary since I'll use the onboard AB.

parshal

WKR
Anyone here try the 8's and 10's side by side? Someone said the 10's were actually easier to look through than the 8's even discounting the extra magnification.

I thought optic talk wise we already concluded that magnification trumps exit pupil when talking alpha class glass? hence why many are now migrating to 10x32 alpha class finally

the reason to choose between 8 or 10 is how steady are your hands vs how much you tripod etc.....not with low light performance...the 10 will always win there

Venatic

FNG
I can say the 8’s are easier to actually range with... simply easier to hold steady. I noticed that right away after years of using nothing but 10x
The 10x Sig and Swaro both need a good rest to feel that I had reliable distance

roperking

FNG
Does any one know if you can update your Geovid 3200.com’s? It seems like I read when they announced the new ones with Applied Ballistics, that you could update your 3200.com’s.

I’d be interested if they came in 7X. I’d really prefer 6X but would still look pretty hard at them if they came in 8X. At 10X that 3.2mm exit pupil is tiny. It would be awesome to carry one less thing. I don’t understand the obsession with high power small exit pupil glass.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
I’d be interested if they came in 7X. I’d really prefer 6X but would still look pretty hard at them if they came in 8X. At 10X that 3.2mm exit pupil is tiny. It would be awesome to carry one less thing. I don’t understand the obsession with high power small exit pupil glass.
They come in 8x so start looking🧐 Better yet, buy them. We need more users.

if a guy is only going to run a single bino optic, for all his western and backpack hunting, bow & rifle, truck window mount to mountain tops....then the 10x32 alpha starts to make a lot of sense, magnification trumps exit pupil on alpha glass so they go into last light plenty fine for 99% of guys, tripod and window mount them and no need for a pair of big eyes...if you can afford and don't mind running more specific bins for all your tasks then great, but if you only want to become at one with one...10x32 is your huckleberry ;)

if a guy is only going to run a single bino optic, for all his western and backpack hunting, bow & rifle, truck window mount to mountain tops....then the 10x32 alpha starts to make a lot of sense, magnification trumps exit pupil on alpha glass so they go into last light plenty fine for 99% of guys, tripod and window mount them and no need for a pair of big eyes...if you can afford and don't mind running more specific bins for all your tasks then great, but if you only want to become at one with one...10x32 is your huckleberry ;)
Not me. 6x30 is my huckleberry. Being Alpha doesn’t get a wider FOV. If I could look through my Maven 6x30 and those side by side 45 minutes before sunrise in the field (for free) I could be convinced but I’m suspicious that the better glass could make up the difference. the Leica in the same magnification and objective diameter? Leica hands down. I don’t own a 10 power anything. I would like to get a nice 10x50 for tripod use. For now my 8x40 Zeiss cover that task. I absolutely insist on an exit pupil that is no less than 4mm. To each his own.

Last edited:
I could likely get away with 6x if all I did was stumble around with a bow or rifle and looked for something to shoot. But strategic glassing, finding bedded animals and trophies like mid day muleys or if sheep and tearing apart mountain sides at distance on a tripod wasn't a thing, pulling a mountain 40% closer is no joke, 6x would be just for if you enjoyed the view and weren't too serious imo. Wait till you try your 10x50's on a tripod...then wait till you put 10x32 alpha class right beside them on a tripod...yes the 10x32 is less friendly hand holding but when you're hand holding you're on the ground in range where you'll see what you need anyway, the 10x32 mounted will allow you to find so much more game than the 6x any which way, 40% more range is 40% more range, it's a big deal in this game, at least where I hunt, I live on the transition line from prairies to mountains, pronghorn to bighorns, bows and guns, 10x32 alpha after much trial and error is where to land if only one to do it all.

Last edited: