Leica just announced the HD-B 3000 and HD-R 2700

If they want to send me a pair of 3000s rather than repairing my 2000s Id be ok with that.

If they want to really improve this binocular, they need to start with the clunky software. G7 ballistics coefficients, and the ability to easily true your solution to real life drops. Being able to switch cartridges/guns without physically switching SD cards would be a big plus too.

(Also, ability to range in cold weather.)

(And software that provides ballistics solutions beyond 1000 yards)

Last edited:
If they want to really improve this binocular, they need to start with the clunky software. G7 ballistics coefficients, and the ability to easily true your solution to real life drops. Being able to switch cartridges/guns without physically switching SD cards would be a big plus too.

Yes, just installing the applied ballistics software like the sig 2400 would make these things incredible! And cold weather function..

OP
D

dotman

WKR

Cold weather issue supposedly only effected a few and they are replacing these.

AGPank

WKR
Makes sense why Leica is clearing out some HD-R and HD-B. Any guesses on MAP? $3,500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
Wonder if they’ll come out with a 12x50???

If they do and they make a decent way to mount it to a tripod I'll be in the market! My older HD-B 10x42's have been great in cold weather. I had them out predator hunting again twice with temps below zero and wind chills of 20 below this week without issues. The only thing that would make me consider upgrading these is 12x50's, I don't need anything more from the rangefinder. If I could avoid carrying both my 15x Swaros and the 10x Leicas on some hunts by having great 12x50's I'd love that.

HookUp

WKR
Who slings there rifle in front of their shoulder. That barrel is less than 6" from his face.

OP
D

dotman

WKR
Who slings there rifle in front of their shoulder. That barrel is less than 6" from his face.

Anyone that uses a Kifaru gun bearer does but yeah that looks funky in the pic.