Leica Magnus 1.8-12x50 i L-4A BDC SFP Riflescope

DWBMontana

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any real world experience using this scope? Have a chance to pick up a brand new one for $1000 off retail.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have any real world experience using this scope? Have a chance to pick up a brand new one for $1000 off retail.
I have the 42mm version. My experience consists of mounting it, bore sighting it, and shooting 11 times. 10 at 200 yards to site in and once on my trip to Colorado to kill a buck at 200 yards. Did not use the i feature. Didn’t need to as it was the middle of the day. Keep in mind if you have a long action the scope tube isn’t long enough to stretch across, you will need to add a single piece rail. An extra $100 I wasn’t expecting.

The glass is clean and bright. Before I mounted it I would take it out front at night and find cats you couldn’t see with the naked eye. If cat hunting was legal my wife would have a new fur hat and gloves, not necessarily matching. And there would be less almond roca in my flowerbed. Add that to my experience list above.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Something else I just remembered. I use Leica binos and noticed the color tone of the scope matches the binos. Not a big deal but a nice touch. Most people won’t know what I’m talking about.

OP
DWBMontana

DWBMontana

Lil-Rokslider
I am aware the scope has a relatively short tube when it comes to mounting. I appreciate seeing what you have experienced, thanks.

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW I bought the scope for the same reason you are considering it. It was $1k off. I had to do the vertical line on the wall trick to level it. I couldn’t find a flat spot on the body. Yes I would buy again.

NMTGrad

FNG
Sorry I did not see this post sooner, I have two. One is mounted on a Nosler Custom M48 .270 WSM and the other on a Christensen Arms Ridgeline 6.5 PRC. They are far and away the best scopes I have ever owned. I used the Nosler to take a bull scimitar horned oryx last year, and I used the Christensen Arms to take five whitetail this year, Every whitetail was shot in the last few minutes of legal shooting hours, so I had to use the illumination, which works amazingly well. I also found the I could make out animals long before and long after legal shooting hours with these scopes. I cannot recommend them enough. I also have the 1.5-10x42mm mounted on two different .308s. Equally impressive.