Leica & Sig Rangefinders

Ok…so I am rocking an older kestrel ( need to figure out what model but I am travelling currently ). I think it has LINK but I am not sure. I would like to get an angle compensating range finder for one of my upcoming trips which will be above treeline. I am usually used to running Strelok Pro and my normal shot sequence is to range, enter LOS distance on my phone to confirm my drops and based on what I see wind doing make the decision of go / no go – get closer. Most of my shots have been under 15 degrees so not too much impact on horizontal distance for calculating drop. Was looking leica crf 2800 com or R or something like a sig kilo. So my question is for these rangefinders…

• Leica –
    • So for the R – users it looks like you have to do a couple of clicks to bounce through EHR / LOS? Anyone run one of these and can you confirm?
    • So for the COM version if I have a Bluetooth enabled kestrel…
      • Is it pulling temp & humidity using leica or kestrel temp?
      • I know it uses the kestrel applied ballistics engine if you have it setup and is supposed to kick back data drop data…but I could not see about it kicking back a default wind drop at say 10mph etc on the kestrel?
      • I found a couple of video’s where it is kicking back drop….but for wind not sure how that is being done…you range your drop pops up….do you have to take a wind reading and then recalculate…Any comments from guys who pound steel with one of these things. Don’t really want to be balancing two things…trying to get to where it’s all in one tool. Anyone who has played with this and can walk me through their sequence would be appreciated.
  • Sig kilo 5k…found some youtube videos on the 8k…but could not find one 5k. Can you get a screen with vertical drop & horizontal push at an assumed wind speed when it has been configured as such from the app? This would get me to the point of not touching the kestrel other than to judge cross wind...less things to mess with.

R_burg

WKR
Funny, I started a thread asking about the Leica yesterday. I think most people in this sub would rather argue about SWFA... that seems to be the hot thread right now, haha.

Fairly certain if you want it all in one tool with the Leica you need to have the Kestrel Elite Link with AB built in. Otherwise you use your Kestrel to input things into the app. And in that case, it calculates to shorter distances. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

From the website:
"Depending on the ballistic data required, when using Leica’s ballistic program, the CRF2800.COM provides either hold over value in inches, centimeters or comeups in MOA or MILs to 1,000 yards, or equivalent horizontal range (EHR) to 1,200 yards/1,100 meters. When connected with the Kestrel 5700 Elite with Applied Ballistics, the CRF2800.COM will display both elevation and windage corrections as far as the range finder can read."

Even though my other thread was on the Leica, I actually just pulled the trigger on a Kilo 5k. All the reviews on it are good, unlike the previous ABS models which were hit or miss, and I'm going to use it with the Garmin Tactix for the AB calculations and my dope. I was up for a new Garmin watch anyway as mine old one has 6+ good years of use, so it's a good excuse and I like how it all integrates.