Leica ultravid vs HD ultravid

I have a pr of 7x42 Ultravid HD's and the optic is awesome. The HD gives about a 3% performance difference so for some that is enough to pay the premium. If your eyes are older and vision so-so, you may not see much, if any difference. The Leica Ultravids of either type are just so nice I wouldn't be without a pair, and I have both Swaro SLC HD and EL's with sv.

OP
B
I have a pr of 7x42 Ultravid HD's and the optic is awesome. The HD gives about a 3% performance difference so for some that is enough to pay the premium. If your eyes are older and vision so-so, you may not see much, if any difference. The Leica Ultravids of either type are just so nice I wouldn't be without a pair, and I have both Swaro SLC HD and EL's with sv.
Thank you for your input! Much appreciated!

bucko

FNG
I was told once that HD is important if your a bird watcher and looking to see the different colors and detail but for spotting bucks and bulls-the extra cost wasn’t necessary
Just my .02. Good luck

Broomd

WKR
The HD glass upgrade in the Ultravids is noticeable.
Both the non- and HD are fantastic, but the HDs *pop* much like the Svarovisons pop when compared to Swarovski's Swarobrite and earlier glass.