Let's have your best asparagus recipe.

I'll sautee in butter and garlic. Also like to coat in olive oil, sea salt, pepper, Tony's, and top with parmesan and bake. Add to camp potatoes occasionally. It has been a hell of a spring for it this year. Any new suggestions?

I do butter or olive oil and SPG in foil and throw it on the fire for a bit. Simple but delicious. I also like wrapping it in bacon and grilling it.

smith406

FNG
Saute to al dente in olive oil with a lot of minced garlic. Glaze with red wine then a little lemon juice. As much as I like bacon wrapped everything too much food in food can pull the shine away from a good cut.

Wrap in a damp paper towel, then in wax paper. Steam in micro wave. Then toss in EVO, cracked black pepper and salt, throw it on the grill.

WKR
Wrap in a damp paper towel, then in wax paper. Steam in micro wave. Then toss in EVO, cracked black pepper and salt, throw it on the grill.
That's how I cook my asparagus too, besides the EVO. I don't have one of those bad boys. The microwave trick is amazing though.

LostArra

WKR
Bumper crop of asparagus here too.
I've enjoyed all of the above methods and this weekend I made an elk stir fry using Hank Shaw's basic method. Added asparagus to the usual veggie mix and it turned out great.

Mosby

WKR
My wife hates it but I like it marinated in italian dressing and cooked on the grill.

Marinated in extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, onion powder, garlic salt, and pepper, then grilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC406

FNG
I really like to sauté pretty hot in EVOO, and throw in some garlic, red pepper flake, sliced almonds and a healthy squeeze of lemon when its just about done.

Or par-bake some bacon for 15 minutes (oven at 420), salt pepper evoo the spears, wrap 2-3 at a time with bacon, return to oven till done.