Let’s see your shooting benches

Hausser

FNG
Let’s see everyone’s shooting benches. I have always used my lifetime white plastic table. Been shooting with a buddy who is on this forum @IDShane and he uses a modified shooting bench , curious on what everyone uses since I am now in the market for a shooting bench.

Mine was one of my sawhorses. Used to shoot with my kids in a gravel pit, it was the right height to teach them with when they were young. I would make a line in the gravel for the 'firing line'.

HPIM3736.jpg

Your bench is very close to the one I made but without the space under it for the guns, I bought heavy duty industrial grade broom clamps to put under it so you can un-screw the legs and clamp them under the top makes it very portable as a unit. Still looking for a suitable scissor jack, I am going to make a rest like yours. 👍

I bought heavy duty industrial grade broom clamps to put under it so you can un-screw the legs and clamp them under the top
I added drilled-out blocks to store the legs in, and have since covered the top in Corian. Less prone to weathering out..... Also, mine is ambi for my lefty boys and I built the rear 'ear' narrow. The bench above with the wide backend would make my elbow sore on a long session. Much more comfortable to kind 'hook' your elbow over the edge....

IMG_0384_zpsxp9kj1ab.jpg

IMG_0382_zpseizwnban.jpg

this one isn't mine, but they work great & usually free from your local power company. But of course, not real mobile if you don't have your own permanent place to shoot.
P3Sakes.jpg
Before I retired, I was a state certified firearms instructor we used the exact same set up for rifle quals and training. Very stable and weather resistant.

I added drilled-out blocks to store the legs in, and have since covered the top in Corian. Less prone to weathering out..... Also, mine is ambi for my lefty boys and I built the rear 'ear' narrow. The bench above with the wide backend would make my elbow sore on a long session. Much more comfortable to kind 'hook' your elbow over the edge....

IMG_0384_zpsxp9kj1ab.jpg

IMG_0382_zpseizwnban.jpg
I also made mine Ambi as I am left-handed and the son and my best buddy shoots right-handed. I like this style very sturdy and east to set up and take down, also rather easy to transport, It will make the trip to Wyoming this fall, if we tag out and have some time left will declare war on the prairie dogs.

cmahoney

WKR
Any chance that I could a pic of the bottom of this bench? I have a friend back in Wisconsin that wants to build one like this.

ff8c2833c95339f798dc8240290b2f24.jpg

38c4005263fe5dcd018627e324eac73e.jpg

Not super clean welding those cast couplings. The heavy legs add a lot of stability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk