Lets talk power banks for different types of trips.

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
I have a new iPhone15 (not the max) and a new 20k ankor. These are the numbers it gave me over a week at the house. Each row is a new day, first number is phone battery % when I plugged it in at night and second number is % charge when I woke up in the morning. Keep in mind these are house hold temps and cold weather will affect these numbers.

5-100
65-100
27-100
26-100
33–100
35-100
67-81

Hopefully this can help someone out

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
^^^ I just ran the same test again. The first test totaled 423% of charging and the second totaled 411%. So I'd say a total of 4 full charges. How many days it'll last will be dependent % used per day, which for me is to be determined with this new phone.

pc3

WKR
Folks is there a limit to the size of the charge bank (is that what there called) that you can take on an airplane ?

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider
Folks is there a limit to the size of the charge bank (is that what there called) that you can take on an airplane ?

Probably varies by airline? Last I looked Alaska Air was no checked lithium batteries and 25k MaH max as a carryon.

(I have never been asked about the MaH on my carryon batteries and don't see how they could tell. I'm sure most people don't know offhand. So.)

Probably varies by airline? Last I looked Alaska Air was no checked lithium batteries and 25k MaH max as a carryon.

(I have never been asked about the MaH on my carryon batteries and don't see how they could tell. I'm sure most people don't know offhand. So.)

This.

I've carried my Ankor to Hawaii 2x and Peru 1x. never been questioned about the battery

Beendare

WKR
Man some of you use a lot of battery on these hunts. Are you switching to airplane mode?

A phone continues to search for signal- like every 7 seconds. My iPhone in airplane mode goes 3-5 days on a charge using phone, GPS, audio books, photos.

I bring a 10k Anker on short trips and 2 on longer trips. I prefer 2 over 1 for failure proofing and its lighter to pack