Leukotape issues

Been using Leukotape on my heels and top of my feet where I tend to get hot spots after a long rugged hike. Works great and love using it but run into an issue once it has been removed. I get super red where the tape was in contact with my skin and itches like crazy. No big deal except this lasts for an extended period of time. Anyone run into this problem? I don’t believe it’s an allergic reaction and almost thinking my skin is drying out or tearing off when I remove it. Appreciate any insight.

It sounds like an allergic reaction to me. I would think that if you were actually removing skin, and you scratched it because it itched, that that would be pretty painful. Like scratching a rug burn or something. If it was just dry skin, which it could be, some regular lotion or cortisone cream might do the trick. Don't know if it is a tape allergy or not but tape allergies aren't uncommon.

It sounds like an allergic reaction to me. I would think that if you were actually removing skin, and you scratched it because it itched, that that would be pretty painful. Like scratching a rug burn or something. If it was just dry skin, which it could be, some regular lotion or cortisone cream might do the trick. Don't know if it is a tape allergy or not but tape allergies aren't uncommon.

This, I would bet money it is allergic in nature "contact dermatitis". Try putting some hydrocortisone on it. I am an atopic white dude, get the same thing until my heels toughen up through the season.

I had that issue when I first started using leukotape. Red and itchy. Went away after my first season using the tape and haven't had a problem since. Weird. Best tape ever though.

Probably an allergy to the adhesive. I see adhesive allergies all the time at work.

Pop and Benadryl and a Pepcid if it gets too bad, or some Benadryl cream.

BTW, I LOVE Leukotape. I leave it on for 7+ days straight and it doesn't move a millimeter. The stuff is amazing.

Funny, I have that reaction to most adhesives. Couldn't use that kineso tape (it's crap anyway) as i would get a rash underneath it after a day. Now I can't leave a bandaid on for long. But, for some reason, Lueko Tape doesnt bother me after a week. Well, at least not yet.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

i love the stuff. bummer about the reaction.

i ruined a brandnew roll by bleeding ALL over it. i cut myself bad with a knife. wrapped it up and it was the only tape i could find. i was gushing all over the roll..it has my DNA all over it. i suppose i could still use it. haha. my wife moves it around by poking a chopstick thru the hole.

i love the stuff. bummer about the reaction.

i ruined a brandnew roll by bleeding ALL over it. i cut myself bad with a knife. wrapped it up and it was the only tape i could find. i was gushing all over the roll..it has my DNA all over it. i suppose i could still use it. haha. my wife moves it around by poking a chopstick thru the hole.

I think they sell more.

i ruined a brandnew roll by bleeding ALL over it. i cut myself bad with a knife. wrapped it up and it was the only tape i could find. i was gushing all over the roll..it has my DNA all over it. i suppose i could still use it.

Of course you can use it, it's just got blood on it. I'm sure it still works, and it probably didn't soak in much at all.

i'm gonna buy a new roll. i am going up Machu Pichu with 8 friends. i suspect i'll be handing that stuff around the group shortly after the starting line.

it's inexpensive.

e2a377a955064dc07fa9ca7fa34816dc.jpg
I’ve been using leukotape for about four years with no issues in the past,but last weekend while shed hunting my feet freaked out. Only had the tape on for two days. At this point my toes are basically one big blister.

I’ve been using leukotape for about four years with no issues in the past,but last weekend while shed hunting my feet freaked out. Only had the tape on for two days. At this point my toes are basically one big blister.

Do you put the tape on your toes? That doesn't look like anything that would come from the tape.

Do you put the tape on your toes? That doesn't look like anything that would come from the tape.

Yes. I had hotspots on the top of my toes so I wrapped tape around them. The only areas affected are where I had tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm allergic to latex and that is what it looks like when I use a latex band-aids. Also allergic to Neosporin and the same thing happens.

I dissolve (diphenhydramine) Benadryl in hydrocortisone cream and apply it to the rash area twice or more a day until it stops itching.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back