Leupold off the market?

Craw3773

FNG
I have been stalking the Leupold website for a new VX3. I knew they were low on stock, but the other day, they completely went out of every single VX3.

Now, looking at their website, I can't find a single riflescope in stock. Did something happen?

eck

FNG
The VX3 has been replaced with the VX3HD and is no longer available

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
I know. There are no vx3hd, vx5, vx6, vx freedom, nothing.

Go check out the website. I emailed asking for possible ETA and got no response

I've been after a vx5 4-20x52 TMOA
For 3 months. Got an.email the other day saying they were in stock but nothing ever showed on website...it seems like they are filling distributors orders because no way they can not be making any stock right now

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

OP
C

Craw3773

FNG
I've been after a vx5 4-20x52 TMOA
For 3 months. Got an.email the other day saying they were in stock but nothing ever showed on website...it seems like they are filling distributors orders because no way they can not be making any stock right now

That could be. I assumed that if they didn't have any on their website that meant that the distribution pipeline was emptying out

That could be. I assumed that if they didn't have any on their website that meant that the distribution pipeline was emptying out
Its been this way for a while as you know. Either is a possibility. I'm just waiting to buy through them because i get a nice sized military discount. Haven't seen one that cheap anywhere else yet

eck

FNG
I was able to pull the product page for the VX5 just fine but its different than when I was on the website a few days ago. I'd say that they are probably just updating the website.

I have been stalking the Leupold website for a new VX3. I knew they were low on stock, but the other day, they completely went out of every single VX3.

Now, looking at their website, I can't find a single riflescope in stock. Did something happen?
Try Cabela's. I ordered one yesterday from their online store and ships in 2 days

Harvey_NW

WKR
Its been this way for a while as you know. Either is a possibility. I'm just waiting to buy through them because i get a nice sized military discount. Haven't seen one that cheap anywhere else yet

The discount is about half what it used to be since they updated the website..

Graves14

WKR
I do not think that is correct. They used to display MSRP prices and the "discount" was a certain percentage off that. They are now displaying MAP prices which are lower in general. The price you'd pay for each scope is exactly the same it just looks like a smaller percentage off because the prices displayed are lower.

Not sure on the rest of the scopes but in the VX5 4-24X52 TMOA non-illuminated Reticle it's the same as its been for the last 8 months.

Last edited:

Harvey_NW

WKR
I do not think that is correct. They used to display MSRP prices and the "discount" was a certain percentage off that. They are now displaying MAP prices which are lower in general. The price you'd pay for each scope is exactly the same it just looks like a smaller percentage off because the prices displayed are lower.
That makes a lot more sense, thanks. Haven't been keeping up on prices, after the update the website was glitched out and wouldn't let me log in until today it finally let me do the reset password bypass.

That makes a lot more sense, thanks. Haven't been keeping up on prices, after the update the website was glitched out and wouldn't let me log in until today it finally let me do the reset password bypass.
Honestly doesn't matter costs ATM. I've gotten a notice twice. Both at midnight. By 5 am scopes are sold out. I gave up and bought a Nightforce

I was looking at buying some binos from them for my father in law a couple of months ago and they never had them in stock. I was just going for some cheap ones so after a couple weeks of waiting I just bought him some vortex instead.