LH Tikka Roughtech or Lite Veil

Taras Y

FNG
Hey all, new to Rokslide here! I've been in the market for the new Tikka Roughtech or Lite Veil in 6.5 PRC or Creedmore, but have one slight problem being left handed. Can't for the life of me find any dealers that sell them LH. Has anyone seen any? Or am I SOL... Most dealers around my area is just right handed or the superlite's LH.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
tikka hasn't made the cool new models in LH yet. i complained to them at SHOT show about it and they said it's because of supply chain issues. i told them i wasn't impressed. supposedly they WILL make left handed versions of the roughtechs and veils etc...they just couldn't tell me when.

gerry35

WKR
I believe they are starting this year to offer those models. I never saw them on their website last year. You might need to ask someone to put one on order for you and wait. They are good looking guns.

gerry35

WKR
Here in Canada I was told the same thing for ordering in it could come relatively quickly or take up to a year depending on their schedule.

OP
Taras Y

Taras Y

FNG
Knowing my luck, they’d probably come out with the LH as soon as I’d pick up another option. Appreciate you trying to get them to push them out sooner Lefty haha.

I went ahead and put my backorder in for a left handed 6.5 PRC Veil from EuroOptic. Hopefully it will get here before the season starts, but I am not banking on it.

FNG
Anyone have any updates on the availability of left-handed Roughtechs? I saw a couple of left-handed Veil Alpines yesterday at Cabelas, but no Roughtechs.

Anyone have any updates on the availability of left-handed Roughtechs? I saw a couple of left-handed Veil Alpines yesterday at Cabelas, but no Roughtechs.
Wow - this is awesome news. After backordering my LH veil from EuroOptic, I sent them an email asking if they had any idea as to when I could expect it. No reply. If Cabelas is starring to get them, then that gives me a good bit of optimism.

LeftyWilbury

Lil-Rokslider
I'm still not seeing any LH tikka veils or roughtechs at any of the five main distributors I get tikkas from. Which sucks, but it also means I don't have to buy one...just yet.

FNG
Wow - this is awesome news. After backordering my LH veil from EuroOptic, I sent them an email asking if they had any idea as to when I could expect it. No reply. If Cabelas is starring to get them, then that gives me a good bit of optimism.
It was Cabela’s in Rogers, Minnesota in case you want to give them a call. They had at least 2 left handed Veils. I can’t remember the caliber.

FNG
So, a couple of the reasons why I was looking for a left handed Roughtech specifically is that I’m doing a Tikka build now with a “black out” color scheme. The Proof barrel is in and the AG Composites stock is in production. I think I might be able to get away with building it off a T3x Hunter. The receiver does appear very similar to the Roughtech, if not the same. But, with the Roughtech I like that the bolt handle is oversized and that the bolt is fluted. I know these would be very simple things to do afterwards with a Hunter, but I don’t want to risk anything with getting a Hunter bolt fluted. I know the risk is probably small, but I’d rather just start off with a Roughtech and not be concerned about it. And maybe with a Roughtech it might be slightly easier to resell the stock and barrel with muzzle brake afterwards to maybe recover $500 or so?

OP
Taras Y

Taras Y

FNG
At this rate, i'm seriously considering just buying a right handed one..... I have very little hope for them being in stock by the start of this years season.

Leaf Litter

Lil-Rokslider
tikka hasn't made the cool new models in LH yet. i complained to them at SHOT show about it and they said it's because of supply chain issues. i told them i wasn't impressed. supposedly they WILL make left handed versions of the roughtechs and veils etc...they just couldn't tell me when.
I think the reason behind it is less cryptic than you give it credit. They don't sell many lefties compared to right, so it's a financial net loss to switch production over from right handed models for a short time and then switch back again.