light 243 bullets suitable for deer

keepriding

Lil-Rokslider
I still load 100 grain Hornady Interloks for my wife's .243 and they work perfectly. I would think that as long as you do your part any of the bullets you listed will work just fine.

THunt

FNG
I had this exact problem with my son. He's 11 now and hes shot 100s of rounds and two deer with his 243. He has a standard hunting load with 100 grain soft points, and plinking ammo which gave a point of impact very near his hunting load at 100 yards. I use lightweight varmageddon bullets from Nosler's shooter's proshop and 15 grains of Trailboss powder. Theres nearly no recoil, enough terminal performance to blow up water jugs, and my boy gets lots of trigger time with his hunting rifle without abuse. My cost is about $5 per box of 20 rounds and I dont think you could wear out brass with that load. I'll be putting together a similar recipe for a .270 for youth elk next season

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a 6mm Remington for years and never w 100 gr or heavier bullets. Either 90 gr. Ballistic tips or 87 gr. Bergers look like lightening strikes. Little hole in, large hole out. DRT. Aim right behind elbow, do not mess up the shoulder and waste meat. Both with either IMR4350 or H4350 w CCI BR primers.

netman

WKR
My buddy has been loading the 90 grain Nosler ballistic tip for his kids for a couple of years. He said deer have no chance with those bullets. They drop deer like crazy.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
What is the goal of loading something smaller than 100gr? In my experience anything lighter is a recipe for wounded game. The recoil difference of 80vs100gr is marginal.

The 87gr Vmax is an exceptional performer on light skinned deer like fallow. Wound channels are quite large and plenty of energy.

MrTim

FNG
Maybe you could keep those deer loads for deer season and have a reduced load with lighter bullet for practice until the fall?
The reduced load I use for kids ages 8-11 is a 58 grain v-max with a light load of H4895. I keep range sessions to 10 rounds, even though they want to shoot more. Just don’t want them to get fatigued and develop any bad habits.