Lighted Nocks

Benjblt

WKR
I need suggestions. I've looked at Lumenock and Glorynock but I don't know anything about them. I want something dependable and fail safe as possible. Light weight would be good. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Most lighted nocks are all going to weight from 18-25 grains. So far I have tried Nocturnals, Glocy Nocks, Lumenocks, Firenocks, cheap ebay ones made by people here in the US, and a few others I can't think of.

Nocturnals I tried for two seasons. Each year was a different package of nocks and each year I generally harvest about 6-8 animals during archery season. The first season I used them I had 4 out of the 6 deer I shot go off after passing through the animal. I could see them light up fine but the moment they went through the animal and stuck in the ground they would turn off. The second year I shot either 8 or 9 deer and I had 5 do the same thing. I also hated the way these would turn off.

Glory nocks I haven't tested them on animals but I have shot them into a lot of hard objects to see if they would turn off. I have not had one turn off, it seems like a fail proof system that is very easy to turn off. The only thing I do not like is the size of the nock. You might have to open up your D-Loop a little to accommodate the nock.

Lumenocks I would have turn off while shooting. I think it was the way the nock was fitted but I can't give you a 100% honest review on them but if you buy the lumenocks get the HD orange. They are probably brighter than any nock I have seen.

Firenocks are pricey but so far they have been my favorite. The nocks are high quality, very bright, and I have not have one shut off on game, you can also replace batteries like the lumenock. Also Firenocks offer a practice set so you do not have to keep shooting the lighted nocks.

Ebay ones were straight crap.

In regards to battery life Firenock wins hands down. I have over 30 days with a firenock on, both nockturnal and Glory Nock were roughly 40 hours, and the Lumenock I never tested that one but it wouldn't surprise me if they were at least 40 hours.

If you have the money I say Firenocks, if not I would probably buy Lumenocks or Glory Nocks.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
Most lighted nocks are all going to weight from 18-25 grains. So far I have tried Nocturnals, Glocy Nocks, Lumenocks, Firenocks, cheap ebay ones made by people here in the US, and a few others I can't think of.

Nocturnals I tried for two seasons. Each year was a different package of nocks and each year I generally harvest about 6-8 animals during archery season. The first season I used them I had 4 out of the 6 deer I shot go off after passing through the animal. I could see them light up fine but the moment they went through the animal and stuck in the ground they would turn off. The second year I shot either 8 or 9 deer and I had 5 do the same thing. I also hated the way these would turn off.

Glory nocks I haven't tested them on animals but I have shot them into a lot of hard objects to see if they would turn off. I have not had one turn off, it seems like a fail proof system that is very easy to turn off. The only thing I do not like is the size of the nock. You might have to open up your D-Loop a little to accommodate the nock.

Lumenocks I would have turn off while shooting. I think it was the way the nock was fitted but I can't give you a 100% honest review on them but if you buy the lumenocks get the HD orange. They are probably brighter than any nock I have seen.

Firenocks are pricey but so far they have been my favorite. The nocks are high quality, very bright, and I have not have one shut off on game, you can also replace batteries like the lumenock. Also Firenocks offer a practice set so you do not have to keep shooting the lighted nocks.

Ebay ones were straight crap.

In regards to battery life Firenock wins hands down. I have over 30 days with a firenock on, both nockturnal and Glory Nock were roughly 40 hours, and the Lumenock I never tested that one but it wouldn't surprise me if they were at least 40 hours.

If you have the money I say Firenocks, if not I would probably buy Lumenocks or Glory Nocks.
Thanks! This has got to be one of the most helpful posts I've ever received in response to a question.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I also have the firenocks. Have any issues with the shock end cap coming off? If not, what glue do you use?

Seems like nocktutnals are the longest lasting ones. But only really tried luminocks instead. Anyone know what the most consistent grains nock a guy can get? Wanting to get a good nock for my vap tko's

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Seems like nocktutnals are the longest lasting ones. But only really tried luminocks instead. Anyone know what the most consistent grains nock a guy can get? Wanting to get a good nock for my vap tko's

On battery life Firenocks far surpass a nocturnal and in regards to consistency I would say Firenock. They are expensive but in my opinion worth the money. If you are trying to find some nocks that are sub $30 for three then Glory nocks would be my choice.

Cool, thanks for the info... mot looking to be a complete cheap ass... Haha but saving a few bucks. I'll take a look at em. Thank you.

Brandon_SPC

Lil-Rokslider
Cool, thanks for the info... mot looking to be a complete cheap ass... Haha but saving a few bucks. I'll take a look at em. Thank you.

Completely understandable, archery can be expensive. If I recall the Glory Nocks are made by the inventor of the original Noctrunals. Back before FeraDyne bought them which made the Nocturnals turn to poo in my opinion.

Another nock that looks promising is the new Victory lighted nock. They seem to be on the cheaper side and looks like a decent nock. I personally have not used them but it might be worth a shot.

Completely understandable, archery can be expensive. If I recall the Glory Nocks are made by the inventor of the original Noctrunals. Back before FeraDyne bought them which made the Nocturnals turn to poo in my opinion.

Another nock that looks promising is the new Victory lighted nock. They seem to be on the cheaper side and looks like a decent nock. I personally have not used them but it might be worth a shot.
I was just talking to my buddy about those victory nocks.

Casey_v

FNG
The guys from gritty bowman have a podcast with some arrow builders and they go over lighted nocks

Brendan

WKR
I've had horrible luck with any lighted nock on micro diameter shafts. I've had them explode on the first shot. Dudley is another one that's talked about nock flex and accuracy issues with micros.

5mm and above, I'll use Nockturnal, they have actually worked pretty solid for me on my Axis, and will be using them this year.

Firenock is high quality, but I have no interest in the impact collar that you install in the shaft and they are expensive.

I’ve used Nocturnals and had great results. This year I bought a package of Glory Nocks to try but they were a much thicker design than Easton X nocks and they wouldn’t fit in my nocking point without retying it and my d-loop.. and if o did that then I would have had different results if I were to shoot my regular X nocks. So I returned them to Lancaster and bought nocturnals again.

8-10 years ago I had lumenoks and I had batteries break off on impact and slam to the front of the shaft inside, had trouble with them making proper contact to initiate them lighting up, and they were a PITA shutting them off. Poor design, maybe they’ve changed but I wouldn’t know because I’m not willing to waste my money trying them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk