Lighten a Rem. Mod. 7???

OP
Silvereagle50
I really don’t want to spend $600+ on a stock.
I’ve got a Kimber 280ai that shoots 1/2moa and weighs a touch over 6.5#.

I was really just hoping someone here knew of a stock out there that I didn’t know about.
At this point, the B&C stock may be my best choice. Would possibly save 6oz. A lighter scope and maybe a another move or two may get me to 12oz or so lighter.
Maybe I can get it to 7.5#.
Otherwise I’ll just live with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Silvereagle50
Have you looked at wildcat stocks they are in Alberta Canada I believe they make a stock for a M7 at around 16 oz

Yea. Read above and you’ll see someone mentioned it.
I’ve been talking to one of those guys. He has one. And probably exactly what I’d like to have.

But they are in Canada. So to get it finished (comes unfinished) id have to have a smith do a bunch of work.
That guy had wildcat finish his at about $800. But I can’t send my barreled action across the border.
I really can’t afford $500+ for a stock at this time. And I’m gonna have to know this gun will shoot before I spend that much on it.

EastMT

WKR
I’d say with a B&C stock the weight wouldn’t be a huge advantage but the quality will be. The accuracy of the rifle once you get it out of the plastic stock will improve greatly

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really don’t want to spend $600+ on a stock.
I’ve got a Kimber 280ai that shoots 1/2moa and weighs a touch over 6.5#.

I was really just hoping someone here knew of a stock out there that I didn’t know about.
At this point, the B&C stock may be my best choice. Would possibly save 6oz. A lighter scope and maybe a another move or two may get me to 12oz or so lighter.
Maybe I can get it to 7.5#.
Otherwise I’ll just live with it.

My B&C came in a few oz over what stocky had it listed as. Mine was a special order for a mountain rifle and was adl so no floor plate and I couldn't send it back. Was less then thrilled.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

gbflyer

WKR
Most of the weight is in the barrel on any of these projects. Gotta go pencil thin to make big gains. Any ultralight stock is gonna be expensive too. Then, the recoil piles up. Hahahahaha.

OP
Silvereagle50
I called and talked to a lady at stocky’s. She was all gun home about running back and weighing every B&C stock they had and see how light of one she could find for me.

Hopefully when I call to get one, I get her again.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I called and talked to a lady at stocky’s. She was all gun home about running back and weighing every B&C stock they had and see how light of one she could find for me.

Hopefully when I call to get one, I get her again.

Makes me want to order my next stock from them. Never had that type of experience from the manufacturers directly. Manners or mcmillan.

OP
Silvereagle50
Makes me want to order my next stock from them. Never had that type of experience from the manufacturers directly. Manners or mcmillan.

I see your point there. But I’m guessing both the stocks you’ve mentioned are probably pretty consistent.
B&C stocks seem to vary for some reason. Some as light as 30oz up to 34oz.
As my factory stock weighs 36oz, if I was to get one that weighs 34 or more I’ve not gained much of anything or just stayed the same.

Leupold's custom shop can make you VX3i in 2.5-8 or 3.5-10 with heavy duplex and get the weight down about a half pound.

OP
Silvereagle50
Ordered a B&C stock today from Stockys. Lady weighed it for me before we finished the deal. 30.5oz.
That’s about a 6oz savings and should help the rifle shoot better since the factory stock is no where near free floating the barrel. Can’t even start a dollar bill between forearm and barrel.