"Like" "Like" "Like" - What the hell is happening to our English ?

TheGDog

WKR
An example of a more cringy one like this in terms of "Bro-speak" that I've come across here in OC are things like "Gnar" (instead of Gnarly).

Other one I despise is when f*cktards miss typing in a char in a TXT (such as "bae") and then just f*cking elect to roll with it as if it was all of a sudden magically an actual word!

And why does this happen? Basically just because we get bored and folks constantly try to figure out a way to make themselves stand-out from the crowd. We like being "in" on the hip new slang terms. Maybe it's fear of old age or narcissicm or something, but yeah... everyone does it to. Just that some demographics are much more prolific in their contributions to these new speech phrases.

Randle

WKR
An example of a more cringy one like this in terms of "Bro-speak" that I've come across here in OC are things like "Gnar" (instead of Gnarly).

Other one I despise is when f*cktards miss typing in a char in a TXT (such as "bae") and then just f*cking elect to roll with it as if it was all of a sudden magically an actual word!

And why does this happen? Basically just because we get bored and folks constantly try to figure out a way to make themselves stand-out from the crowd. We like being "in" on the hip new slang terms. Maybe it's fear of old age or narcissicm or something, but yeah... everyone does it to. Just that some demographics are much more prolific in their contributions to these new speech phrases.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Like I wonder when this topic is going to get like locked. Like pretty soon, maybe.