Limb driven rest

kvdenney

WKR
Any personal experiences of bad things happening when using a limb driven rest for hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmez

WKR
Only mechanical issues, had a spring break twice on a Limb Driver. I've had no issues other than that for over 10 years now. Have had none since I switched to a Hamskea.

slowyota

FNG
I've had a limb driver rest on my alphamax since new and have never had a problem with it.
I like it - but sometimes wish I had the ability to cock it into the up position like the QAD.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
only limb driven I've had issues with was a Smackdown Pro. I've had the screws loosen and the arm start raising less and less. This happened 3 times. I didn't trust it in a hunting situation. I replaced it. Both bows now use Hamskea.

I have a smackdown pro and the cable provided with it will stretch but I haven't had any issues as of yet. Although, this is my first year with it.

Set up and tuning was a breeze though.

I shoot a Hamskea trinity. I’ve been using Hamskea rests since they came out. I’ve never had any problems. They are built very tough

WCB

WKR
I still have an original limb driver on my old bow and it works perfect. I also have a newer Limb Driver Pro and a Smackdown....zero issues.

ORfish

Lil-Rokslider
Surprisingly, no issues with limb driven rest (and I am not easy on gear)

Gumbo

WKR
I put my Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Micros through hell for 4 seasons (maybe 3?) of spot-and-stalk crawling, yanking it through limbs into treestands, and other various forms of abuse and so far have not had a single issue...nothing, zip, nada. I ran a Ripcord Ace and and TT cable driven system before that and had multiple, potentially hunt ending failures with both (thankfully I wasn't hunting when they occurred). FWIW I also set up a new Ripcord LOK for a guy this year and there is absolutely no way I would ever run one, what a PIA and the potential for failure is immense.

I put my Hamskea Hybrid Hunter Micros through hell for 4 seasons (maybe 3?) of spot-and-stalk crawling, yanking it through limbs into treestands, and other various forms of abuse and so far have not had a single issue...nothing, zip, nada. I ran a Ripcord Ace and and TT cable driven system before that and had multiple, potentially hunt ending failures with both (thankfully I wasn't hunting when they occurred). FWIW I also set up a new Ripcord LOK for a guy this year and there is absolutely no way I would ever run one, what a PIA and the potential for failure is immense.

You are 100% right about the Ripcord LOK; had one on my bow this year elk hunting - failed. It worked awesome prior to the hunt - during the hunt I practice every other day or so to make sure everything is still on - elk hunting is tough on equipment. I take a shot - way low and to the right. Look at the rest and the launcher arm is broke - it no longer drops away. Rest is now totally useless; panic sets in its a Sunday afternoon and i have no rest on my bow. Jump in my truck and drive 1.5 hours to the nearest Walmart; buy a Whisker Biscuit throw it on - hunt saved. Ripcord replaced the rest for me no problem; threw it on EBAY. I will never buy another Ripcord; trust in equipment is priceless!