Lite Outdoors Tarp Versus Seek Outside DST… Go

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have experience with both? Going to pick one up and can’t make up my mind.

I know argali is coming out with a sweet one next year but me begging to buy a prototype didn’t work out and I need a tarp😂.

Only experience is with the DST. Grea t piece of kit. The only real magic it s is that center patch that assists with some setups. Seek is a great company but with confidence.

overall the concept of a 10x10 tarp is great. It’s a managable size to cover your kitchen or gathering area in camp and works great as a porch for a bigger tent. As a main shelter, it is a bit overkill for one but leaves tons of room for spreading out gear. It works fine for 2 With gear. I even took mine on a grand canyon trip where we used it as a sun shade for 3 during rests in peak heat during the day.

OP
longrange13

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
Only experience is with the DST. Grea t piece of kit. The only real magic it s is that center patch that assists with some setups. Seek is a great company but with confidence.

overall the concept of a 10x10 tarp is great. It’s a managable size to cover your kitchen or gathering area in camp and works great as a porch for a bigger tent. As a main shelter, it is a bit overkill for one but leaves tons of room for spreading out gear. It works fine for 2 With gear. I even took mine on a grand canyon trip where we used it as a sun shade for 3 during rests in peak heat during the day.
Solid info, thank you. The center patch was definitely what intrigued me about both tarps. They are the only two I know of that have it. All of the tie outs and the center patch look to be much more heavy duty on the dst versus the lite outdoors. I’m thinking the extra couple ounces on the dst is going to be worth it.