Seek Outside DST mods?

I have a Seek Outside DST and want to add a couple more attachment points on the main ridgeline. The only have one in the middle that looks like XPAC material with a nylon loop on it. Essentially, I want to add two more of the same thing on that ridgeline. Anyone have experience doing something like that? I've looked at buying the materials from RipstopByTheRoll and sewing it on, just wondering how much of a pain in the a$$ it would be?

Well ..I made my own tarp, 10'x10'. The easiest part was sewing on reinforcement patches and tie out loops. Just mark the locations and cut out pieces ,pin in place and sew.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Well ..I made my own tarp, 10'x10'. The easiest part was sewing on reinforcement patches and tie out loops. Just mark the locations and cut out pieces ,pin in place and sew.
I also sewed my own tarp but ran into problems with the reinforcement patches and tie out loops. When I pitch it, one line of stitches holding the tie out to the patch gets pulled apart (red circle on the left). Sometimes when I tighten it too much, the holes in the outer seam open up a little bit and leak, despite seam sealing.

Any advice?

Attachments

• IMG_8897.jpg
    IMG_8897.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 26
I also sewed my own tarp but ran into problems with the reinforcement patches and tie out loops. When I pitch it, one line of stitches holding the tie out to the patch gets pulled apart (red circle on the left). Sometimes when I tighten it too much, the holes in the outer seam open up a little bit and leak, despite seam sealing.

Any advice?
I assume the reinforcement patch is on the back side ? The only thing different on my job is I do not have bar tacking ability. My loops are a piece of webbing folded in half (stacked on top of each other) and sewn through the tarp itself as well as reinforced patch with a square pattern and X in the center of square. I also insert bottom edge of triangle reinforcement into edge seam of tarp when I sew seam.

nnmarcher

Lil-Rokslider
I assume the reinforcement patch is on the back side ? The only thing different on my job is I do not have bar tacking ability. My loops are a piece of webbing folded in half (stacked on top of each other) and sewn through the tarp itself as well as reinforced patch with a square pattern and X in the center of square. I also insert bottom edge of triangle reinforcement into edge seam of tarp when I sew seam.
Yea, the reinforcement patch is on the backside. Your loops are similar to what I did, but my "bar tacks" were just going back and forth with a zig zag stitch. I will try your method with the square and X next time.

Did you use the same material for the reinforcement patches as the body of the tarp or something else?