Little Kowa review, the cheap one- TSN-501/502???

ZackP

WKR
Another...
d4424afbf5ea6506c499f3502e12a618.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phone Skope?

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking for a light weight scope also. How do u feel the Kowa 501 compared with the Nikon ed50?

Carr5vols

WKR
I have the 502 and might consider selling them if interested. I am leaning to go with just 12x binos and leave all other optics at home.

ra3043

FNG
Ok after the hunt here are the results.

Wind shakes it pretty bad with it being lightweight. But that was also an plus on the hike in. Not a deal breaker.

At 40 zoom early morning and late evening hard to see due to limited light transmission.

Overall I would buy and use again as my need was for a decent lightweight sporting scope.

I got a video filmed at about 1 mile about 1 hour before dark watching deer but it was too large to load. If you would like to see it PM me and I will try to send it in another method.
Old thread but anyway you could post it on youtube and provide a link? or send it to me?

dony

FNG
I got one. Best value out there. Lightest weight. I haven't been able to try the others (vortex 11-33, more expensive kowa, nikon ed50) but none are lighter and cheaper and it has good mag. Low light loses brightness at 40x but that's expected. Updates soon

4th_point

WKR
I got one. Best value out there. Lightest weight. I haven't been able to try the others (vortex 11-33, more expensive kowa, nikon ed50) but none are lighter and cheaper and it has good mag. Low light loses brightness at 40x but that's expected. Updates soon
Updates on your scope would be appreciated. It seems like a neat little scope.

I have the ED50 but no experience with the 501/502.

dony

FNG
Update- the scope is fine for the range, 200 yards about. In the woods, 600 ish but low light and clarity very lacking. Had the chace to look through a razor 65, still lacks clarity though. So, I would not recommend for finding animals. I prefer my nice 8x binos but they really only work for movement at distance, not picking apart cover. Would have liked a good scope for the last hunt. Next year. Like I said, lightest, and cheapest. Cody from GoHunt said he looked through the little 501/2 and immediately returned it. Looking back now, I should have done the same. But for a compact range bag scope it's fine I guess. Would be curious to compare to other compacts.