Loading the Bikini/DT2 bag

Bigfeet

Lil-Rokslider
Good video, Aron. Thanks for putting it up. Helpful to see how someone else packs their gear.
The pack you show is the exact pack, aside from the color, that I should be seeing in a months time. Couple of quick questions. I didn't see you put any water in the pack - I assume there is a water sleeve/clip inside the bag, plus a water hose port? Is there also an internal pocket for keys/wallet? I pretty certain I've read these are part of the pack, but didn't see you use them here (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible).

Last edited:

shaun

WKR
Good video, Aaron. Thanks for putting it up. Helpful to see how someone else packs their gear.
The pack you show is the exact pack, aside from the color, that I should be seeing in a months time. Couple of quick questions. I didn't see you put any water in the pack - I assume there is a water sleeve/clip inside the bag, plus a water hose port? Is there also an internal pocket for keys/wallet? I pretty certain I've read these are part of the pack, but didn't see you use them here (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible).

Yes there is a water bladder pocket in the pack with a hose port. I know on the DT1 there is an internal pocket just above bladder pocket to put keys in etc

gelton

WKR
I would be interested in seeing a list of each pull out bag and what size they are etc. I know he touched on it in the video but an exact list would be awesome. Also, the small and medium belt pouches for the Timberline series seem bigger than I had envisioned which is a plus. I though Aron might have misqouted and they were actually a size medium and large but he re-stated it later in the video so I will go with him on that one. Actually has me re-thinking my set up. I have a DT1 on order and went with the Auxillary gun bearer but think the idea of using a medium belt pouch is way cooler and more functional.

gelton

WKR
Watched the video again and I think I may have answered my own question about the pullouts. Think it breaks down like this:

5 String Medium Compression
Mega Pullout
Kifaru Hanging Meat Bag
4 Medium Pullouts

Did I miss anything?

I would be interested in seeing a list of each pull out bag and what size they are etc. I know he touched on it in the video but an exact list would be awesome. Also, the small and medium belt pouches for the Timberline series seem bigger than I had envisioned which is a plus. I though Aron might have misqouted and they were actually a size medium and large but he re-stated it later in the video so I will go with him on that one. Actually has me re-thinking my set up. I have a DT1 on order and went with the Auxillary gun bearer but think the idea of using a medium belt pouch is way cooler and more functional.

The only issue I have with mounting my rifle to my pack in this manner is getting my hands on it quickly while hunting in grizzly country.

I have a gun bearer on order to come with my new bikini frame and DT bag, I also have some home sewn quick release systems I have developed for some of my other packs. With a June 19th ship date I will have plenty of time to figure out what will work best for me before sheep season.

lintond

WKR
I have to stop watching your videos! Now I've convinced myself I "need" more stuff to properly accessories my pack.

gelton

WKR
The Illness is Infectious!

Yes it is an illness! NO, there is no cure. It is just something you have to live with. I absolutely love it!!

I know it is so sick if you think about it. I just bit the bullet on 2 small and 2 medium belt pouches after watching the vid and added pullouts and meat bags to the wish list. What started as a $700 pack is already a $900 pack and it hasnt even been delivered yet!

Having a slow sales week at Kifaru? Just have Aron make a video! :cool: