Patriot Valley Ams- Osprey 6mm Prefit Barrel Group Buy

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Well, I was going to buy one of these in 6 Creed, but Three Bears had a 243 T3x in 8 twist on sale for $569 and at nearly $100 cheaper, I decided to go for the complete rifle instead and have a spare Tikka action laying around.

However, if not for this thread having me about to pull the trigger on a barrel last weekend, I would have been more responsible and only bought the milk I walked in for. So, thanks @B_Reynolds_AK, all my wife had to say was "at least it's not another knife."

Good point. For my ab raptor and the reflex, I'd rather not have adapters but it's not that big of a deal.
If you do get an adapter, call AB and order one from them. It's flawless. I had a local "smith" cut and crown a model 70. It could only be threaded to 1/2" and they put an adapter on there. It was so bad I couldn't get an alignment rod through the suppressor and into the bore. I checked that their original threads were good and it was because of the adapter.

I called AB and got a 1/2 to 5/8 adapter and it's good to go now. Just FYI.
Just an FYI, Precision Armament adapters are really nice and fit standard threads without extending past the crown. From pictures, the PA look a touch more to my liking than the AB, but I have never seen an AB adapter in person and the differences are very minimal (PVD coating and thinner shoulder area on the PA).

lak2004

WKR
Well, I was going to buy one of these in 6 Creed, but Three Bears had a 243 T3x in 8 twist on sale for $569 and at nearly $100 cheaper, I decided to go for the complete rifle instead and have a spare Tikka action laying around.

However, if not for this thread having me about to pull the trigger on a barrel last weekend, I would have been more responsible and only bought the milk I walked in for. So, thanks @B_Reynolds_AK, all my wife had to say was "at least it's not another knife."

Just an FYI, Precision Armament adapters are really nice and fit standard threads without extending past the crown. From pictures, the PA look a touch more to my liking than the AB, but I have never seen an AB adapter in person and the differences are very minimal (PVD coating and thinner shoulder area on the PA).
Did you pick up a tikka t3x in 243 for $569?!

SloppyJ

WKR

Man I was battling building one or doing the same thing you did with the Tikka. Cheapest I could find a lefty with 1:8 was $800 so I decided to go the zermatt route for future modularity with the swappable bolt face. Now 3500 later, I have another cool rig sitting in the safe.

Ordered a 18" 6 creed 750 taperless contour for a tikka. By my calcs at shorter lengths the 750 taperless with thinner tikka tennon should be near the exact same weight as a proof sendero contour. The carbon might be lighter at longer barrel lengths. PVA also introduced a .680 taperless contour that should be light AF with enough shoulder for 9/16" threads but i'm not sure that was available in the group buy. I bet that is on par with tikka lite contour weights in many barrel lengths.

Carbonsix has sales regularly in that price range. Last summer and their Black Friday. I don’t know if they’re doing it again this summer but I bet they will.
If a guy wants to wait for Carbon 6 to run a sale and then another what, 4+ months after order? they could get a mcgowan blank that then has an opportunity to have stresses introduced via carbon wrapping and a bore that will heat up quicker, but at least it will have carbon fiber on it..

Last edited:
Yeap! 6CM is hard to beat. I’m building my third one now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I know you shoot 115 DTAC. On a 6cm and say 20” barrel, what kind of velocity do you think you would get and what would you say is the effective range with that combo? Seems like it would be a handy lightweight rifle to have.