Long Range Rifle Pic Thread...Post them up!

Defensive Edge Canyon Rifle in +P 338 Edge. McMillan A5 "UF", Jewell trigger, 30" Hart straight taper barrel, 5 port slab brake, Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56.
8u7u5e3u.jpg

LRKM (Long Range Killing Machine) by Defensive Edge. .338 Terminator +P 300 Berger @ 3200 fps. Nightforce ATACR 5~25x56 65 moa rail will dial to 3K for a dead center hold.

001_zps18a51d77.jpg

Sam the pic with the little bloke is a ripper, my youngest was pretty impressed.

338 Lap, Schmidt and Bender optics, AI stock, etc

Built by APRS in Australia.

Hands down my favorite rifle in the safe. My 260...Rem 700, Hart 26" tube, McMillan A3 with Surgeon DBM bottom metal, Jewell trigger. Here it's wearing a AAC Cyclone 308 suppressor. It is scary accurate! Both kids are learning the ropes with it!
sy9aze6u.jpg

zyvurutu.jpg

9equduqa.jpg

Last edited:
Ryan do you rate the Norma Mag?

Looking at building a 338 WM, but just looking at a few other 338 options.

I didn't get much time behind it this year but I like what I saw. You can use a standard size mag box and run the bullet all the way out. You can push a 300 grain bullet over 2800 pretty easy.

winny 008.jpg"Checkmate"
300 Win Mag, Weatherby Mark V action and accumark stock, timney trigger, broughton 28" tube, Terry Miller brake, Near 20 moa base, Nightforce and Huskemaw scopes. Pushing the 215 berger at 3007. She's a shooter. Oh yeah, she's a leftie.

Randy

You guys have some amazing rifles.

This is my 6.5-06 Ackley that I built last year. My first long range build and I couldn't be happier. I built it on a Tikka action.

140 Berger VLD at 3165 fps.

My stuff gets used pretty hard most the time. This isn't the only night this gun spent out in the weather last year.

Justin, that's a purty rifle and looks like it shoots good, too! Love those 6.5s...

Here's the big stick in its natural habitat

syqe6udy.jpg

This is my 7WSM. I can carry it all day on a sling and shoot it close and far. Very handy rifle.

8ane3a5u.jpg

Here is my Moose with Sam's Canyon Rifle! It's a weapon of mass destruction!
RyansIdahoMoose2013_zpsd72fadea.jpg

Well Its not a 3K long range gun by any means but it will shoot better than I can shoot it, Tikka T3 super lite 7 mag, I had a custom gun built the year before and a friend picked up one of these tikkas about the same time, after seeing it shot every bit as good as my custom and was 5 pounds lighter I sold the custom and bought one. Most of my hunting is multi day solo backpacking trips and this is a dream to carry even with the NF on it. New scope showed up for it yesterday so hopefully I can get out monday and dial it in
IMG_20130429_132210_162-1_zps7c3c4fc3.jpg

Spring bear hunting
IMG_20130509_082452_zpsa6e8e033.jpg

And my 2 year old doing some dry fire practicing
IMG_20131010_185448_228_zpsf41a02cf.jpg

Last edited:
Nice rifle spdrman.

Ryan, that's a great pic!! I only hope to draw a moose tag one of these years. Awesome animal!! Congrats.

Jeff

Thanks Broz!

Spdrman, Love the pic of your son behind the gun.

Give me a rundown of what you had done to that Tikka??

Its essentially stock, factory trigger set at 1.75 lbs, B&C stock because I couldn't stand how cheap the factory stock felt, had the bolt spiral fluted, probably didn't shave much weight but it looks cool! Then had a guy put a brake on it and kote it titanium. It will shoot 3 shots in the same hole at 100 and I have several targets at 500 with sub 1.5" groups, I mostly just shoot my 10" round steel plate though. Planning on ordering a Mcmillan Edge this spring to cut another 1/2 pound off it. With the NF and 3 in the mag it weighs 8lb 2oz (minus bipod)

Back