Longer .223 Tikka mag option

Got my mags today. Its nice to be able to load out my TMKs longer. I have not shot with them yet. I did cycle a full mag a few times and they seem to feed smooth so far.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
Cant you just use a 30-06 mag for the 6.5 PRC to get the extra length? You may need a longer bolt stop too
Different bolt stop is a given.

The 30-06 case is smaller diameter, so I don't think so and the shoulder is in a different spot.
I am looking for the best aftermarket solution.

Different bolt stop is a given.

The 30-06 case is smaller diameter, so I don't think so and the shoulder is in a different spot.
I am looking for the best aftermarket solution.
i think tikka only has 3 sizes of magazine. If im right about that they must be using a .308 mag for the 300 wsm so the diameter should not be an issue. With a new bolt stop i think you could use the long action mag. You might want to look into that. You would have tons of room.

Nomosendero

Lil-Rokslider
I think it will have to be aftermarket but I would love for it to be that simple.
I look forward to people have have done it.

ID_Matt

WKR
My order was shipped the next day and was in my mailbox quick. Before I even opened the first one, the guy sent me an email and said he was sending me a version 2 with the following email:

Some guys ran into some tolerance issues. They had some feeding issues that I had not ran into on my test rifles.

A sample size of 2 rifles apparently was not enough to show me all the issues that could arise. This V2 mag fits like factory and is much more rigid. I was able to increase the mag thickness by reducing the width of the follower and it keeps it from wanting to have the bulging issue when loaded with 4 rounds. There is also a relief cut added into the rear of the mag to allow the action spring in the rear to seat comfortably on this mag.

It will insert like factory fully loaded or not. You will be receiving one at no cost, and please let me know what you think. Thank you sir.

If anyone has a tikka in 6 arc or 6.5 Grendel hit me up if you’d like to see an extended mag like the 223.