Looking for 2021 Colorado Draw Hunting Partner

Wiscobob

FNG
I have 6 preference points for Colorado elk and I'm on the cusp of drawing in GMU 66. The guys I normally go out West with have either burned their points already or don't have enough built up to join me. I am planning to use an outfitter for a drop camp, but am looking for someone to hunt with and hopefully pack out an elk or two with. I'm from central Wisconsin and have hunted OTC archery in Colorado 3 times. Have had close encounters on each trip and was fortunate enough to take a bull on the 2nd of the 3 trips. Willing to put forth the work and am looking for someone who does the same. Drop me a PM if you are interested!

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
I have 6 preference points for Colorado elk and I'm on the cusp of drawing in GMU 66. The guys I normally go out West with have either burned their points already or don't have enough built up to join me. I am planning to use an outfitter for a drop camp, but am looking for someone to hunt with and hopefully pack out an elk or two with. I'm from central Wisconsin and have hunted OTC archery in Colorado 3 times. Have had close encounters on each trip and was fortunate enough to take a bull on the 2nd of the 3 trips. Willing to put forth the work and am looking for someone who does the same. Drop me a PM if you are interested!

[/QUOTE]
sorry I am one of those guys with not enough points and would love to go hunt that unit drop camp. I live in central Wisconsin as well and will be hunting otc in co this year- bad luck in the draws- good luck to u post pics!!!!!

OP
Wiscobob

Wiscobob

FNG

sorry I am one of those guys with not enough points and would love to go hunt that unit drop camp. I live in central Wisconsin as well and will be hunting otc in co this year- bad luck in the draws- good luck to u post pics!!!!!
[/QUOTE]
Thanks WI Shedhead! Good luck to you as well this year!

marktole

WKR
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in the 2020 Colorado draw, unit 66 drew out at 7 points with 11/24 guys getting tags. 45.8% odds.

Even if you put in with 6 this year, gained a preference point because you were unsuccessful, and go into the draw next year with 7, that tag is likely going to creep away from you again.

I had a similar fortune with the tag I applied for. Darn point creep.

Step into the woods and you will have a hunting partner. If you hunt Colorado then you are never alone.

OP
Wiscobob

Wiscobob

FNG
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in the 2020 Colorado draw, unit 66 drew out at 7 points with 11/24 guys getting tags. 45.8% odds.

Even if you put in with 6 this year, gained a preference point because you were unsuccessful, and go into the draw next year with 7, that tag is likely going to creep away from you again.

I had a similar fortune with the tag I applied for. Darn point creep.
Yeah I’ve been chasing points for a couple of years now and I’m aware that’s a possibility. Figured it was worth being prepared anyway. May have to look into another unit if this trend persists. Good luck on your draw!

Doesn’t have to be negative. I meet people and hunt all the time while out. Yes, there are a ton of people here. I talk with a lot of other hunters and sometimes help them or they help me.