Looking for a +1....

Raypo

Lil-Rokslider
My 2020 hunts are starting to fall apart with all the COVID restrictions. As such, I would like to replace a trip, rather than cancel it. I’m looking for someone that is interested in throwing together a DIY Caribou hunt or allow me to Plus 1 into a trip. Ive been watching for some cancelled hunts but slim-pickings.

Thanks
-Ray

You’ll be hard pressed to find a transporter with an opening to fly in. I’d say go solo along the Haul Road. It can be good hunting. The trip will be a learning experience and in the future you can go back and have great hunts at a reasonable price. You can find good moose there as well. Good luck!

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
You’ll be hard pressed to find a transporter with an opening to fly in. I’d say go solo along the Haul Road. It can be good hunting. The trip will be a learning experience and in the future you can go back and have great hunts at a reasonable price. You can find good moose there as well. Good luck!
I'm thinking about hunting the Haul road and I was wondering if you could give me some insight about hunting it effectively. any help would be appreciated!

The first thing to keep in mind is that it’s bow only until you get 5 miles from the road. That 5 mile hike is a hellish one too. Look up Nick Muche on here. He has as much experience hunting there as anyone I know. Here’s an informative article for you to check on in the meantime. Last year a friend of mine drove up from Montana and killed a 54 inch moose and a really nice caribou. He did literally zero research. Talked to a local or two when he got there. He saw a bigger moose and went and got the local that pointed him in the right direction to help him pack his bull out. That guy ended up shooting the other moose, a 61 incher. So there is definitely some good hunting and it’s not rocket science. You just have to be ready to work.