Looking for a new hunting buddy

I'm new to western hunting but eager to learn and experience all I can. I'm located in southeast so scouting will have to be planed . I'm a bowhunter at heart but I know my way around a rifle.
37 yrs old and self-employed .

I am in the same boat as you. I have been trying to find a new hunting buddy. My dad had always been my hunting buddy but he is getting older and enjoys road hunting more than packing in/out.

OP
H
Yea that could be tough, my dad is in Eastern Europe so hunting with him is a challenge . Haha.
I try to bring him to states every few years for a deer hunt .

OP
H
Hey Doc
I usually spend 2 weeks in Midwest deer hunting every year , do you hunt the west

Ruskin

WKR
Yea, I'm in a similar position. I live in Atlanta but my dad lives in CO. He's great at setting up base camp and road scouting, but his days of packing in are done. Any other roksliders from GA?

Ruskin
I'm just north of you in Alpharetta. I'm going for my first sheep (Dall in AK) this year and I am jacked up ready to rock!

Ruskin

WKR
Justonemore, I'm jealous of your AK trip. I'm probably a couple years from pulling of a hunt in AK. Did a fishing trip 2 years back and that was incredible.

Yep. We had lots of big wet snow flakes most of the day from early before I woke up to 3:00. Stopped for a while and is back as a wet snow mix now. The ice storm is supposed to start tonight and go all day tomorrow. Likely have the power out tomorrow due the the trees breaking and taking out the power lines.
I'm ready and am anxious to get some warmer weather. The last snow was a real dry snow a few weeks ago that wouldn't hold together to make snowballs or snowmen. I worked all day today so was inside. Tomorrow ought to be nasty.

nflesher

Lil-Rokslider
We have had a good bit of this global warming hit up in PA as well. It was -8 this morning and expected to be -10 tonight and then that storm that is down south will be coming this way. Weather man is calling for another pile of global warming again tomorrow into Thursday. I am going crazy with this weather. I need a trout stream and some hiking weather!

Doc06

FNG
HA,
Yep. I have just gotten a lot more serious about hunting out west. Hunted up in Canada a couple of times. Drew an Antelope tag in Wyoming this past year as well. Got lucky on that tag as I wasn't technically suppose to draw that tag for another 2-3 years. Great hunt and shot a nice P&Y lope. Diehard bowhunter. I have hunted a ton out west for Upland birds...which is a passion of mine. Trying to balance some big game hunts with bird hunts. I have been all over the west for birds MT, UT, AZ, OK, KS, NE, SD, ND, and a few others mixed in. Even down your way to finish my Slam with an Osceola couple years ago. You wanna talk addiction...turkey hunting will just about give me a seizure just thinking about it!

OP
H
Doc
That's awesome. I'm still working on my slam. It looks like my sheep hunt west TX won't happen so I'm thinking of a plan B Kansas or Nebraska go get me a turkey before spring bear season opens.

Doc06

FNG
HA,
What species of bird are you looking for? Merriam's are probably my favorite. I love the white tips on the tail feathers. Hunted NE for mine and had to go back a couple of times for the pure fact that I loved the area I hunted. All public land and there were lots of birds.

OP
H
In Nebraska Merriam 4 sure . I have a buddy that has few hundred acres that I will try to hunt and if second trip is needed I'm all in. Haha I would like to make my way down to Mexico to kill Gould turkey .. And over to Europe they have there specie of turkey that spends most of its time in trees .