Looking for suggestions

Hello everyone, I am looking for suggestions on what cartridge to re barrel my 30-06 to. Primarily for deer out to 500 yards even though probabaly won't take that shot. Caveat, no 6.5 Creedmoor ease.
Thank you
Nothing wrong with a 30-60 for deer out to 500 yards, assuming you can hit it.

What about 7 mm 08. I didn’t want to rebarrel my 06, so I just ordered a T3 in 7mm 08. Better ballistics than a .308, less kick than the 30-06. I’ll let you know what I think of it. Probably gonna like it.

Had this same question in my head. Was thinking 25-06 or 280 with a hand loader in the family who has and uses both a lot. He’s a good shooter and says deer don’t run when hit with the 25. NE whitetail and coyotes. Not overly big deer but he doesn’t shoot any small ones.

Then everything got scarce and I bailed.

Did find some factory Nosler BT 25-06 and grabbed 100 so I’d at least have the brass If I didn’t love the BTs. Guess 25-06 when I get the itch again.
These were my first two thoughts.

25-06 if ita definitely gonna stay deer only.

280 if you might want to take it on an elk hunt.

What about 7 mm 08. I didn’t want to rebarrel my 06, so I just ordered a T3 in 7mm 08. Better ballistics than a .308, less kick than the 30-06. I’ll let you know what I think of it. Probably gonna like it.
I have a 7mm-08 and I love it, I think you will too.
Thanks

Back