Looking For Wyoming Local Interested in Hunting Wilderness - Region W, Section 82

My good friend and I have put into the general Mule Deer draw for Region W in Wyoming this year. We are planning on hunting the southern region of section 82 on the Colorado border, and would like to access the wilderness area.

If anyone has any inside information on this area they are willing to share, it would be appreciated. Also, as mentioned in the title, if anyone knows, or is, a resident in this area and would be so kind as to hunt with us in the Wilderness area, it would be much appreciated! We are coming from Hancock county IL and are a guaranteed good time!

Is this a serious post? You want people to give you inside information on an area you can’t even hunt without a resident or a guide? And on top of that you want them to take you in there also? Not trying to be mean but do you really expect anybody to do this especially someone you met randomly on the internet. Again not trying to be condescending, just didn’t know if you realize how much you're asking for.

Bramk

Lil-Rokslider
Not to mention 3 of the 4 post you have started are about people giving you their spots and information on a public forum. That's not what this community is about. As a wyo resident, I don't see a soul taking you in to the wilderness unless you are near family status. Sorry to be blunt, but do your homework and let it roll like the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s bad form to put specific units up on the Internet, especially if it’s not a premium/hard to draw. It will be there for years and years to come for anyone doing a google search, and will drive down the draw odds by drawing attention to it. You may (or may not..) have a good hunt and want to go back some day only to find it takes three times as many points. Happens all the time.

wyo_gasman

Lil-Rokslider
If I didnt have family coming from out of state to hunt G Id be down for an adventure. Ive never hunted in 82, or W for that matter but any area in the state has the potential for nice bucks in areas that arent in the wilderness.

Mattt

Lil-Rokslider
But.... they're a guaranteed good time. Used to know some women like that. Always was a good time, not always worth the price

OP
nicktzenevrakis
Alot of negativity here. Not really looking for someone's spot, simply information like, "hey, that 60k acre BLM that looks golden is actually landlocked and you can't hunt it without getting ahold of the landowner." And I think it's crazy that you can fish, hike, and camp wilderness as a non resident, but not hunt. I would gladly take a stranger from out of state on public hunts here in Illinois if my schedule allowed it. In the hunting community, I would like to think we're all on the same team here. There are multiple 200" whitetails taken here every year, maybe someone who knows their whitetail would say, "hey, I'll help you out if you get me set up on some whitetail in illinois". Just a thought. I've been successful every year with taking mulies and antelope so far (only 3 years), all by doing my homework and being a decent person, and an outsoorsmen.

If anyone wants to have a beer, I'll be in town sept 29th. Would love to hear about the local culture and have genuine conversation and share stories.

Rich M

WKR
I'm sure you guys are great. Imagine how many folks just want info and have "trades" that never materialize.

Have a good visit. If you have an idea of what the deer do, you'll be fine.

Snowey79

Lil-Rokslider
I know the wilderness area looks pretty good but that area doesn't have to be hunted in the wilderness area to have a great hunt and see/harvest some nice deer. I am a resident and live in this area's back yard and know it well. Are you truck camping, backpacking in or bringing four wheelers? There is a ton of resident pressure and outfitter pressure so do your homework. This is classified by the Wyoming Game and Fish as a recreational deer area so be prepared to see alot of people, here alot of four wheelers and look hard for the deer. The pressure drives them to be very seclusive. Not trying to be spoiler, just letting you know what to expect. It's very hard for any residents to give away their secrets, we have worked hard on our research and scouting. Good luck with your hunt, and enjoy the experience-thats what hunting is about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wytx

WKR
Alot of negativity here. Not really looking for someone's spot, simply information like, "hey, that 60k acre BLM that looks golden is actually landlocked and you can't hunt it without getting ahold of the landowner." And I think it's crazy that you can fish, hike, and camp wilderness as a non resident, but not hunt. I would gladly take a stranger from out of state on public hunts here in Illinois if my schedule allowed it. In the hunting community, I would like to think we're all on the same team here. There are multiple 200" whitetails taken here every year, maybe someone who knows their whitetail would say, "hey, I'll help you out if you get me set up on some whitetail in illinois". Just a thought. I've been successful every year with taking mulies and antelope so far (only 3 years), all by doing my homework and being a decent person, and an outsoorsmen.

If anyone wants to have a beer, I'll be in town sept 29th. Would love to hear about the local culture and have genuine conversation and share stories.

The Library is the place for a good beer and to talk hunting. Some hunters hang out there and the owners are hunters too.

OP
nicktzenevrakis
I know the wilderness area looks pretty good but that area doesn't have to be hunted in the wilderness area to have a great hunt and see/harvest some nice deer. I am a resident and live in this area's back yard and know it well. Are you truck camping, backpacking in or bringing four wheelers? There is a ton of resident pressure and outfitter pressure so do your homework. This is classified by the Wyoming Game and Fish as a recreational deer area so be prepared to see alot of people, here alot of four wheelers and look hard for the deer. The pressure drives them to be very seclusive. Not trying to be spoiler, just letting you know what to expect. It's very hard for any residents to give away their secrets, we have worked hard on our research and scouting. Good luck with your hunt, and enjoy the experience-thats what hunting is about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up, I believe we are going to head to the northern part of W to get away from the pressure. I've hunted the kind of area's you're describing, and it doesn't sound like what I'm looking for. I really appreciate the information, hope you have safe hunt!

OP
nicktzenevrakis
The Library is the place for a good beer and to talk hunting. Some hunters hang out there and the owners are hunters too.

Thanks for the head's up. I'll have to check out the library. We'll be in the weekend before opening day, plenty of time to check out all of the local hotspots.

jmart33

FNG
Not to mention 3 of the 4 post you have started are about people giving you their spots and information on a public forum. That's not what this community is about. As a wyo resident, I don't see a soul taking you in to the wilderness unless you are near family status. Sorry to be blunt, but do your homework and let it roll like the rest of us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can I PM you to talk bear spots?