Low Profile seat option with back support, AND it was on Sale!

TheGDog

WKR
Dig it! REI. Helinox refers to this as a "Festival Seat"
20220914_122549.jpg
2Lbs, and those feet are a decent size...
20220914_122556.jpg

Gonna give this a try. The Predator seat cushion is "Ok" for the 30min or so of predator calling on a single sit. But deer sits go significantly longer for me and with the various disc bulges, it hurt a lil the next day, so hoping this can lesson that significantly.

So for those with these kind of health issues, thought I'd share.

drra

FNG
That is super low profile, will take a look. I've been carrying a CLIQ chair for its portability, but not nearly as low as this one.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
I figure worst case scenario... in the softest of terrain.. if it sinks a lil, you can find something like bark or branch or stone to shove under those front feet. They're comparable wide to the Macro version of these type of seats I bought as well, but with 4 less legs to be clanking around with when you're trying to be quite in the dark of morning! And that Macro one has done well in soft stuff, so I'm optimistic it'll do decent enough if the soft stuff ya sometimes encounter when there's a crap ton of dead leave matter in the soil.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
That is super low profile, will take a look. I've been carrying a CLIQ chair for its portability, but not nearly as low as this one.
That cliq chair looked cool for ease of setup but looked to be inordinantly heavier than it should be.

drra

FNG
Not easy to setup without a clank or two as well, but once setup it is comfortable. Not sure on the weight, but it isn't much and very compact.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Yeah this one has some clank, but a bit less since 4 less limbs to deal with. Taking it with tomorrow. My preliminary test y'day sitting on the grass in the park y'day indicates it should be a degree more comfortable than the Predator Seat Cushion for these longer periods. And it didn't dig in on those front feet either. Plus the low profile will lend itself well to sitting at the base of various scrub oaks and such.

OP
TheGDog

TheGDog

WKR
Happy to report that I can do a sit with this from 6:02am until 10a without it aggravating my back injury! Matter of fact, used it at several different points and places during the outing y'day, and today I don't have the aggravation to my injury like I do when I've just been using the Predator Seat Cushion.

Though tricky, it even did fair when I was perched on a slope overlooking a spring. I did sorta have to hunt for the best close to flat-ish bit of ground around that bush, but I thought it did pretty well! The feet seem to do an excellent job of not ridiculously sinking in. The back feat don't sink at all, even with my fatassi self on them. The front? Only a minor amount.

The only negative though.... was that it didn't lend itself well to glassing with a tripod. When using it, I had to kinda lean forward and sit-up outta the chair back in order to reach my eyes to the binos quite right.

That's not what I bought it for though. And/But part of the difficulty is the extra height that the Outdoorsman's Pistol Grip and tall bino adapter gave to the setup. That's a part of the setup that can't be lowered any more.

I have the tall adapter so I can 15's, for those time when I want to use them. But it certainly made me have to get creative with the tripod legs. Works great for stand-up use though.