Lowa Tibet Review

Deepwoods

FNG
Just wanted to share my experience with Lowa Tibet hiking boots. I recently purchased a pair during the REI 20% off sale after reading reviews for months and trying on various boots in stores. I can’t say enough good things about these after 50 miles on them. They were quick to break in I noticed. The size is very true. The ankle support is excellent and the warmth isn’t too bad for a guy like myself that has sweaty feet when the temp rises above 50. I tested them with my gators recently through shin high creeks and they performed wonderfully. The support on rocky and uneven terrain Was outstanding as well. I can tell they are there much more than my lightweight hiking shoes but that is to be expected when asking for a stable boot. They appear to be handling abrasions very well. I have accidentally kicked, slid off of and rubber plenty of rocks so far and they are holding up well. I thought I would share for anyone else interested in these boots. I feel they are a great value.

Last edited:

jhm2023

WKR
I just purchased my 3rd pair of Tibets. Seems I get about 5-6 years out of them before they are done for. I figure 5 years is pretty dang good consider I use them for daily wear and hunting sheep and everything else I legally can annually by foot. My only complaint is they don't bevel the rand causing it to catch on rocks and they seem to start leaking after a couple years where the tongue is sewn to the upper just above the toe, I think it's a seam in the Gore-Tex liner that pulls apart from the repeated flexing at the toe or something like that. Never a single blister though even with hundreds of miles every year so I take the bad with the good and I keep buying them.

OP
D

Deepwoods

FNG
With the discounts, I figure if I can get two years out of the tibets I will be ahead of the game. I tend to wear boots out, example Salomon or keens, in a year on the trails and they are not cheap. Figured I would buy once and cry once for a few years anyhow

jhm2023

WKR
With the discounts, I figure if I can get two years out of the tibets I will be ahead of the game. I tend to wear boots out, example Salomon or keens, in a year on the trails and they are not cheap. Figured I would buy once and cry once for a few years anyhow
Keens are junk hippy hikers and aren't even close to the same category as Lowa Tibets so you should be good to go with getting some extra use out of them.