Luxe Tipi Seam Seal

Hello All,

Just got my minipeak XL and wanted to see what everyone is using to seam seal?

I bought some gear aid silicon tent sealant when I ordered the tent but I realized today my minipeak XL is made of ripstop polyester with Poly Urethane coating not silicon or silnylon.

Not sure the gear head will work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Megahorn. It said it was seam-sealed except for the stove Jack. But I used typical seam sealer and flowable silicone on the jack with no issues.

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
My luxe octopeak came with seam sealer. I used that. It was pretty thick though. I ended up diluting it with some mineral spirits and it took a long time to dry (I think that was partially the weather as it didn’t get very warm when I set it up to dry). Overall, it was a stressful experience for me. Curious what others have to say as well.

It wasn't on a luxe, but I've used a tube of silicone and some mineral spirits to make my own and its held up fine for going on 4 years on two different tents. I just squeeze some silicone in a cheap plastic bowl, add some mineral spirits and mix well with a popsicle stick. Just add more of one or the other until it seems like you can brush it on. I made it in small batches so i could use it up before it dried and then just made up some more.

OP
T
I called the luxe guys and they said the way the minipeak XL is built, you only need to seam seal the very peak of the tipi