Madison WI

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
Didn’t say that it would. But if you have a family, you may or may not want them raised in that environment. I’ve never been somewhere where that agenda was pushed as heavily as the Madison area.
I have a family and a household of mixed political and ideological beliefs. We respect each other and can respectfully challenge each other.

He’s in an internship and asked about hunting fishing and shooting. Not sure why sexuality was brought into it, except for you to be able to share your political/personal stance.

Bobbyboe

WKR
Madison has amazing ice fishing. Since you’ll be arriving in January you should give that a try. Best rifle range I’ve found is in Shiocton (steel to 600 yards), which will be a 2 hour drive. I echo what others have said about fly fishing, drive west of Madison.

OP
B
Madison has amazing ice fishing. Since you’ll be arriving in January you should give that a try. Best rifle range I’ve found is in Shiocton (steel to 600 yards), which will be a 2 hour drive. I echo what others have said about fly fishing, drive west of Madison.
Awesome. Thank you

OP
B
Didn’t say that it would. But if you have a family, you may or may not want them raised in that environment. I’ve never been somewhere where that agenda was pushed as heavily as the Madison area.
I have a family. I thank you for the knowledge. It doesn't bother us.

BravoNovember

Lil-Rokslider
It was hilarious this past rifle season with the snow on the ground. I started hearing shooting a solid 30 minutes before legal light on opening day.
Same here. I couldn’t walk 150yrds in the SE state forest without running into someone either

Lifelong Badger and currently live between Madison and Milwaukee. You'll be in to great trout 15 minutes West of the city. Great handgun ranges in Deerfield, Pewaukee and Waukesha. I am a member of Deerfield Rod and Gun club. Great trap shooting and pheasant hunting at Milford Hills. Great beer everywhere plus Friday fish fry.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
When you get there and if you are a fan of mustard, try and get your hands on a bottle Ringhands Beer Mustard. It is handmade in Evansville buy a former state senator, Janis Ringhand. My sister lives in Evansville and she ships me a couple every year.

DanimalW

WKR
If you’re a big bird hunter you might enjoy heading up to the national forest to hunt grouse. Getting on a summer charter salmon fishing on Lake Michigan would also be worth it if you’ve never done it.

OP
B
If you’re a big bird hunter you might enjoy heading up to the national forest to hunt grouse. Getting on a summer charter salmon fishing on Lake Michigan would also be worth it if you’ve never done it.
Both of those sound epic

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re going to turkey hunt I would recommend putting in for the draw versus rolling the dice with leftover tags. Seasons run in sections and you apply by both dates and zones. Make a GoWild account and you can get all your licenses and applications through it.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
If you are from WI and are coming back to hunt for the first time, tag prices are cut in half. I've done this twice in the last 3 years.

OP
B
If you are from WI and are coming back to hunt for the first time, tag prices are cut in half. I've done this twice in the last 3 years.
No. I have never been a WI resident, only a SD despite going to school in a few states.