MagnetoSpeed with Suppressor Off: Velocity Change

Let me preface this by saying I have seen the hack where you can put magnets on the Magneto Speed bayonet to get readings. I might get around to trying that in the future but for the time being, I was going to just remove the suppressor and get my speeds.

Anyone get speeds with suppressor off? Is it safe to just add 20 FPS to the value to account for the suppressor?

Trying to figure out a good ball park speed to add for a suppressor.

mt100gr.

WKR
My magnetospeed sporter works fine with a 1.5" suppressor. Turn up the sensitivity and try the thinnest rubber spacer. Also, watch out for the heat of the can on the rubber! It gets HOT faster than the barrel.

I didn't see much, if any, velocity increase from unsuppressed to suppressed across a handful of rifles.

Yeah I can although it's nice to have a good starting point to save on components. I've been able to get speeds off a chrono and go straight to 1K and get hits.
I’ve only been there once, but if you got a reading at 100 and say 300 it wouldn’t be hard to go to 1000 would it without burning alot of components.

Tahoe1305

WKR
10-20fps is good. Magnetospeed may sell the spacers if you don’t have a V3. The V3 allows for easy use without magnets.

To be honest, the minor speed fluctuation from a suppressor “shouldn’t” impact shot placement that much down range. Rando load I had in the calculator showed 3” at 1000yds at 20fps off.

OP
General RE LEE
I’ve only been there once, but if you got a reading at 100 and say 300 it wouldn’t be hard to go to 1000 would it without burning alot of components.

The velocities captured by the sensors are suspect at DZ. For simplicity, you can add 200 FPS to the velocity captured at the 100 yard target and that will be ball park.

BTW we won't be at SE today. Probably will be there mid day on New Years Day.

The velocities captured by the sensors are suspect at DZ. For simplicity, you can add 200 FPS to the velocity captured at the 100 yard target and that will be ball park.

BTW we won't be at SE today. Probably will be there mid day on New Years Day.
Didn’t know that about their sensors. I have my own theories but without testing them, how can you disprove them lol