Man law

I finally received my second thunderchild. It got dark on me before I could brace her up and sling a few. This one is 56” and 51@28. Obviously black and white ebony is my favorite wood. Riser is stabilized white oak and B&W ebony. I’ll get the fistmele set up and hopefully fling some arrows. Probably going to need some 500 sticks. I’ve never had a bow this light before.

615c8fa780b74ecea808a1667a9351a8.jpg

a1f1dbd3e8ff5836c07d44fd429b2b66.jpg

7903d2e16d8c162b62cdf8576fb85a10.jpg

4b7825af04b5f87b499f9bcea03e692f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I finally received my second thunderchild. It got dark on me before I could brace her up and sling a few. This one is 56” and 51@28. Obviously black and white ebony is my favorite wood. Riser is stabilized white oak and B&W ebony. I’ll get the fistmele set up and hopefully fling some arrows. Probably going to need some 500 sticks. I’ve never had a bow this light before.

615c8fa780b74ecea808a1667a9351a8.jpg

a1f1dbd3e8ff5836c07d44fd429b2b66.jpg

7903d2e16d8c162b62cdf8576fb85a10.jpg

4b7825af04b5f87b499f9bcea03e692f.jpg

Do you mean light as in the weight of the bow or the draw weight? I’ve heard a lot of good things about these bows, I’m thinking of putting down the deposit on one.

He says you can get a much shorter bow than your usual bows, is this true? Both my bows are 62”, it source would be co to have a 56” bow. Seems like one of these in a takedown version at roughly 60lbs@28” would be a really cool setup.

OP
S
Do you mean light as in the weight of the bow or the draw weight? I’ve heard a lot of good things about these bows, I’m thinking of putting down the deposit on one.

He says you can get a much shorter bow than your usual bows, is this true? Both my bows are 62”, it source would be co to have a 56” bow. Seems like one of these in a takedown version at roughly 60lbs@28” would be a really cool setup.

This is the lightest draw weight I’ve ever shot for a bow that’s mine. When I built bows I obviously had to shoot any weight that was scaled. I’m now 50 years old and have some carpal tunnel and arthritis so I dropped down from the 55-65lbs draw weights.

You can shoot a shorter bow Jim recommended a 54 inch for me drawing 28.5 but I erred to caution and went with another 56 inch. I shot the 54 inch model rather well. And we all know a longer bow is easier to handle and shoot. My javaman is a 54 inch bow I got a touch of pinch with that. I shoot a 62 best naturally. My 60 inch stalker is really easy to shoot as well.

The two piece takedown is really nice for travel and there’s no hardware to loose. It’s my preferred bow. Arrows and bow all go into one tube for travels.

The TC has some preload to it and doesn’t stack up at the end. It’s a really nice smooth drawing functional bow to shoot. It goes right where in looking. In my opinion it’s well worth the wait time. Im coming up on his list again. Im thinking of getting a 56 inch 45 pounder for 3D

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This is the lightest draw weight I’ve ever shot for a bow that’s mine. When I built bows I obviously had to shoot any weight that was scaled. I’m now 50 years old and have some carpal tunnel and arthritis so I dropped down from the 55-65lbs draw weights.

You can shoot a shorter bow Jim recommended a 54 inch for me drawing 28.5 but I erred to caution and went with another 56 inch. I shot the 54 inch model rather well. And we all know a longer bow is easier to handle and shoot. My javaman is a 54 inch bow I got a touch of pinch with that. I shoot a 62 best naturally. My 60 inch stalker is really easy to shoot as well.

The two piece takedown is really nice for travel and there’s no hardware to loose. It’s my preferred bow. Arrows and bow all go into one tube for travels.

The TC has some preload to it and doesn’t stack up at the end. It’s a really nice smooth drawing functional bow to shoot. It goes right where in looking. In my opinion it’s well worth the wait time. Im coming up on his list again. Im thinking of getting a 56 inch 45 pounder for 3D

Awesome thank you, I have a 62” black widow and a 62” bivouac backland. I like the style of takedown that big Jim bow has. I was just looking and they really aren’t that expensive compared to widows and toelke bows. I should probably just drop the money and forget about it until they call me.

OP
S
Awesome thank you, I have a 62” black widow and a 62” bivouac backland. I like the style of takedown that big Jim bow has. I was just looking and they really aren’t that expensive compared to widows and toelke bows. I should probably just drop the money and forget about it until they call me.

Yeah you may as well. Figure 100 dollars a month. The fit and finish it the best I’ve seen. If you like your widow you’ll love a thunderchild

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah you may as well. Figure 100 dollars a month. The fit and finish it the best I’ve seen. If you like your widow you’ll love a thunderchild

I do like my widow. Ok I’m sold. How did it work? From the website it seems like you just make the deposit. Does he contact you as he gets around to your bow to talk about what you want?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"

Well, deposit is placed. Thinking I’ll get a 56” takedown, beaver tail grip. Hope you do t mind but I’ll probably get the black and white ebony just like you.

I’ve found that once I have a few toys already, the wait dosent hurt so bad. Waiting for my first silencer and my black widow was hard. Now that I have a few silencers, they wait for my next 2 is not a big deal. Same with this bow, I’m shooting great bows already so I can just sort of forget about this then next Christmas I’ll have another bow.

Last edited:
OP
S
Awesome man. Yes just make your deposits he will send a receipt. Yeah the wait kills me. It doesn’t really matter about choices now. He just goes by the list. When you actually come up he will contact you and go from there. He has tons of choices in stock. Yeah B&W ebony is cool. I love the stuff. I’ll probably do a buckeye burl. Who knows maybe even add a little color to it.

OP
S
I got me some dark Timbers arrows 500 spine in the mail today. 30 inch with 100 grain brass inserts and a 150 point weight is what I’m hoping for. I Have three of them set up. Waiting on the epoxy to dry and start testing from there. Naturally I have to work Friday. So Saturday I’ll play a little and see how they do