Manfrotto Befree Live Carbon Fiber Tripod Review, By Jordan Budd

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
manfrotto.jpg

@Jordan Budd ran the Manfrotto Befree Live Carbon Fiber Tripod during some late-season hunts last season. It looks like a great option at a fairly low price point. Check out her review to see if it fits your needs.

Manfrotto Befree Live Carbon Fiber Tripod Review

I’m running the older BeFree model with lever locks with an outdoorsman fluid head, can’t collapse the tripod to its most compact configuration without the included head but I really like it. I was going to purchase the new one with twist locks but have been hesitant. Great Review.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I’m running the older BeFree model with lever locks with an outdoorsman fluid head, can’t collapse the tripod to its most compact configuration without the included head but I really like it. I was going to purchase the new one with twist locks but have been hesitant. Great Review.

You’re gonna need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the aluminum version with the flip locks and I love it. It has a center column without the ball joint if you'd like to trade just that center column (they're easy to take out by removing the plastic cap on the bottom). It's aluminum so the weight savings may not be crazy but I'm sure it's a few ounces lighter.

Last edited:
Any reviews or comments on just the befree head?
I use the Befree Fluid head it's sweet - very smooth and easily adjustable. The 1 knock is that the point of aim will move down a bit if you really crank down on the vertical adjustment knob. It's not crazy but still noticeable if you're at 30X and up. I also use it for photography and it handles my Sigma 600mm decently, which is a heavy and large lens, so you'll be good with 90% of the spotter out there.