Manners stock

Fulker250

FNG
Planning a new build and I am leaning towards a manners stock. I don’t know which to go with. EH2,EH3,EH4? Any input would be great

Lawnboi

WKR
Really like my eh1. And T6a. I can’t see going away from the vertical grip either. Throw in thier ultra lite cheek piece if your running bigger glass.

If your going with a aics style clunky mag anyways (which would not be my preference for a hunting gun personally) I’d be inclined to just get their mini chassis installed. Great low profile mag releases and might keep you from dealing with pillars and a bed job.

Yea then there is the wait time. 6 months seems like standard for manners and mcmillan right now. Manners has been good to work with.

Varminterror

Lil-Rokslider
For a “lightish” hunting rifle, the Manners EH1 and McMillan Game Warden are the stocks I would recommend.

With AI pattern DBM in a hunting rifle, I’d make sure my action is cut for AW mags, to be able to run a much shorter 10 round mag.

Big Ern

WKR
Vertical grip all the way. EH1 is a nice stock from Manners. Game Warden or Game Scout from McM.

If you are looking at a #3 contour, you may want to consider the proof barrels. I am really liking them on my hunting rifle. i switched from a Krieger light palma to a proof sendero light and wow. Cut some weight, but the balance of the rifle is so much better with the proof. And, I didn’t see in decrease in accuracy.

I would take a very long look at the new McMillan EDGE A3 Sporter Ultralight 29 oz. CARBON FIBER Stock, It took them only 5 weeks from the time I ordered it till they shipped it. outstanding stock, I have a Manners as well and it took 7 months, both are great stocks but I really like this the new A3 Edge sporter.

I really like my EH1 (and I have a McMillan game warden, and AG alpine...all vertical grips).

I have never tried the ones you listed, but just reading about them on the manners site to see what you were looking at, I’d stick to the eh2 or the eh4. The reason would be the higher cheek weld. On the eh3 if you had to build it up you’re going to add weight and bulk.

gbflyer

WKR
I tried to order a Manners for a Borden Alpine which is a short Rem 700 footprint. They told me I needed to call a gunsmith. McMillan took the personal initiative to call Borden, then just built the damn thing. Had it in 8 weeks.

bradb

WKR
I have a couple eh1s i like and a few mcmillians also really like.
Just got a axial precession carbon hunter and might like it more then the eh1s

Planning a new build and I am leaning towards a manners stock. I don’t know which to go with. EH2,EH3,EH4? Any input would be great

[IMHO] How you choose a Manners LW hunting stock starts with barrel contour and whether you're going to use a pic rail or integrated 2-piece receiver base/rings (example: Talley LWs). Your list suggests a lighter weight rig w/sporter contour. Nevertheless, sharing your specs would be helpful to any of us willing to offer feedback.

Oops: Sorry, I did not see response #3. Any from your list will work well for a #3 barrel - what separates each is a matter of scope base preference and stock length (EH4).

So:
>EH2 if you run a pic rail
>EH3 if prefer integrated base/rings (like Talley LWs)
>EH4 is same as EH2 with a much shorter forestock length

Last edited: