March 2.5-25x52 MOA review

FURMAN

WKR
I have been shooting the March 2.5-25x52 over the past year and will be doing a written review in the next few months. Does anyone have any specific information they would like to know or questions answered?
ZimuZjul.jpg

jmden

WKR
Have thought of this scope for a lightweight +P 7 WSM shooting a 195g Berger, so will be interested to see how it holds up.. 2.5-25x is really something else.

No. They are subtended at 2 moa on 20x. They do make a 3-24 ffp.

Interested in your other feedback on the scope. I had a 3-24x52 ffp and have posted my thoughts about it quite a few times to share with others because it is one of my most regretted gear purchases.

The reticle deal would bother me, not sure what would be worse, having to eyeball where 20x is or needing to be @ 25x to use the reticle.

I love the form factor and turrets on those scopes and have always wondered if they would have been able to get a more user friendly model (diopter, parallax, eye box, reticle usefulness) if they gave up a chunk of the magnification range.

Last edited:
OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Interested in your other feedback on the scope. I had a 3-24x52 ffp and have posted my thoughts about it quite a few times to share with others because it is one of my most regretted gear purchases.

The reticle deal would bother me, not sure what would be worse, having to eyeball where 20x is or needing to be @ 25x to use the reticle.

I love the form factor and turrets on those scopes and have always wondered if they would have been able to get a more user friendly model (diopter, parallax, eye box, reticle usefulness) if they gave up a chunk of the magnification range.

It sounds like the scope was not your cup of tea. I was aware of the complaints mirroring yours prior to my purchase. I have been trying to nitpick those issues and I just can not find a problem with them. I will say I would prefer the reticle be 1 moa subtensions at 25x.

The thing that was a deal breaker was that it was very difficult to get a clean/clear reticle and dial out the parallax. Maybe these issues are either improved or less detectable with a SFP setup. Maybe I just had a bad sample. Customer support when I questioned things was bad enough that it wasn't worth dealing with the scope any more. I know they have since changed importers and U.S. representation.

Eye box was fine for me. Reticle was mediocre but usable. Glass was good but wasn't overly impressive over 20x. Size, weight, turrets were fantastic.

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
The thing that was a deal breaker was that it was very difficult to get a clean/clear reticle and dial out the parallax. Maybe these issues are either improved or less detectable with a SFP setup. Maybe I just had a bad sample. Customer support when I questioned things was bad enough that it wasn't worth dealing with the scope any more. I know they have since changed importers and U.S. representation.

Eye box was fine for me. Reticle was mediocre but usable. Glass was good but wasn't overly impressive over 20x. Size, weight, turrets were fantastic.

Yes, they have changed US dealers a few times. I have read very little about the FFP version. They also used to use a different MIL standard in the early versions that led some to believe they would not track correctly.

28bang

WKR
best scope for hunting there is. Nothing like it. Parallax is one of my favorite features of the scope. Fast and easy to clear up. I’m going to buy another one here soon. It’s hard to want to buy anything else now

gledeasy

Lil-Rokslider
I have the FFP in the 42mm objective. I've never really had a problem with the eye box. Granted free handing it, it wasn't as forgiving as others but once mounted on the rifle there hasn't been an issue. I will admit the parallax is different. And what I mean about that is you do have to adjust it more. Not that it's hard to do, but something you don't necessarily have to do as much with others.

It's a pretty awesome scope IMO. I'm curious to see how the new NX8 compares as NF is my brand of choice.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
best scope for hunting there is. Nothing like it. Parallax is one of my favorite features of the scope. Fast and easy to clear up. I’m going to buy another one here soon. It’s hard to want to buy anything else now
Have you tried the Swaro X5? If these March scopes are better, I will be trying one. I feel the Swaro X5 is one of the best long range hunting scopes available.

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

OP
FURMAN

FURMAN

WKR
Have you tried the Swaro X5? If these March scopes are better, I will be trying one. I feel the Swaro X5 is one of the best long range hunting scopes available.

The glass is not as good in low light but on par in the middle of the day and handles glare better. Overall I prefer the March.

28bang

WKR

Yes I have and I prefer the March. Rfurman tested the low light. I take his word for it. But everything else is in my opinion better.

JD5521

FNG
Well... I’m sold Ryan! Thank you for a great write up and review. I will be ordering one of these shortly for a build I currently have in process.