Marsupial Gear modular yoke alternative?

mck71

WKR
After spending a couple of days chasing pheasants with a buddy this weekend, I’ve decided that the old cheapo vest with built in game bag needs to go. So after much online research, I settled on the Marsupial Gear system with the large bird bag. At this time, the modular yokes are sold out and I’m on a wait list for when they are back in stock.
However, I have seen some comments about how thickly padded these yokes are and that they potentially increase the length of pull as you shoulder your gun.
Are there any good alternatives to the thickly padded Marsupial yoke out there that attach to the modular hip belt and bird bag the way that the modular yoke attaches? Or even with some modification (assuming it doesn’t involve alterations and sewing).
Basically, I’m looking for a drop in replacement or advice from someone who has been down this road setting up their Marsupial system.
Thanks!

Last edited:

huntineveryday

Lil-Rokslider
You could reach out to Final Rise and see if they'd sell you just a shoulder yoke/harness. I don't see it listed in thier accessories, but it's an add on for the sidekick and is modular. There is no padding in the shoulder straps, they lie flat. Nice grippy surface on the bottom. I've packed my dog out in the vest and the lack of padding wasn't a problem.

OP
mck71

mck71

WKR
Thanks for the reply. I checked out the yoke and it looks like a good alternative except I don’t see how I would attach the straps for the large bird bag. I have a buddy that sews, so maybe I end up having to modify an existing harness to work. More research is needed.