Marsupial range finder pouch on fhf harness?

40tude

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody know if the marsupial range finder pouch will fit/work properly on an fhf bino harness?
Thanks

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
I modified mine to work. Imo the connection point on the pouch is far too low, and the range finder wants to turn over. The bulk of the rangefinder sits above the button attachment point.
It would attach just fine but would not set correctly and constantly got in the way.

I don't have an FHF, but it looks like it has the same loops on the sides as the marsupial harnesses, so the rangefinder pouch should hook up to it the exact same way and work just fine.

@BULLBLASTER - did you attach the rangefinder pouch the way they show to do it on their site?

Skip ahead to 2:00

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
I attached it like the fhf one does. At the clip next to the side of the bino pouch and used the loop strap to hold it there.

I attached it like the fhf one does. At the clip next to the side of the bino pouch and used the loop strap to hold it there.

I'm unfamiliar with how the fhf one connects, but just wanted to make sure you threaded the marsupial strap through the way that the video shows, which keeps the pivot point up high and prevents the rangefinder from wanting to tip forward.

Beckjhong

WKR
I tried it and it hung weirdly. However, it was a gateway drug to marsupial. Sold all my FHF and switched; very happy with that decision.

BULLBLASTER

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, it mounts fine but still tips forward at a 45 degree angle or more.

I flipped it around backwards and sewed a loop of 1.5 inch strap up above the marsupial patch and it is much better for me that way. Though it doesnt open the same way or stay open anymore. The cover flap is much like the fhf top cover now.

OP
40tude

40tude

Lil-Rokslider
35B718BA-15CE-4878-8B8F-938AB3CB291D.jpeg
Just to follow up, I decided to try it anyhow…

Really happy with the end result, ingress and egress are very smooth. The pouch does not tilt at all. The function is far better than the fhf one, which I was always fumbling with at crunch time. ( I suspect it works better than it does on the marsupial harness as well.)

All I did was attach it in the standard way over the harness strap, but I added a zip tie from the tether loop on the bino harness to the tether loop on the pouch. Super solid even if not elegantly accomplished. Still room for wind check access. I did cut the tag end off after the picture

I've been looking at the FHF rangefinder pouch 2.0. Is that what you have, or did you have the 1.0? if it's the 2.0 what was the trouble with it?

OP
40tude

40tude

Lil-Rokslider
To be honest, I’m not sure. It was just a pain putting the rangefinder in and out especially when trying not to be seen. The flap was always in the way and the whole pouch was floppy.