marsupial rangefinder pouch balance

Sled

WKR
has anyone found a way to make the rangefinder pouch less top heavy? i can't seem to keep mine from flopping over and it gets a little annoying. i realize with the magnetic closure it requires the loop to be lower on the harness which pitches the pouch forward. has anyone here been able to overcome this?

ncina

WKR
For the love of GOD, I’m in the same boat…. Had to get this bigger pouch for my vortex 4000 and it’s like a limp dick flopping around…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob5589

WKR
For the love of GOD, I’m in the same boat…. Had to get this bigger pouch for my vortex 4000 and it’s like a limp dick flopping around…

You know they have medication for that?

ncina

WKR
Do they have a little blue pill that will keep the “pouch” upright?! If so, I’m in!!

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
Are you guys tucking the keeper strap under the loop to form a 1" tunnel for mounting?

I've tried it both ways and it is better with the tuck but not as upright as I'd like. My issue might be compounded by the extension I'm running to get the pouch further away from the bino harness so I can access the wind checker pouch. Before it was crammed tight up against the harness and one of the CS guys was kind enough to make an extension to get a little space between the two. It works great but I think the original design relied on the bino harness to keep the RF pouch from being too top heavy. Fwiw, I'm running the new large pouch for the Maven RF.

sndmn11

WKR
I've tried it both ways and it is better with the tuck but not as upright as I'd like. My issue might be compounded by the extension I'm running to get the pouch further away from the bino harness so I can access the wind checker pouch. Before it was crammed tight up against the harness and one of the CS guys was kind enough to make an extension to get a little space between the two. It works great but I think the original design relied on the bino harness to keep the RF pouch from being too top heavy. Fwiw, I'm running the new large pouch for the Maven RF.

That's the size I am using on an AGC pouch. Can you take a rubber and slid it on the webbing first, put the RF pouch on, twist the rubber and to take up the slack and then put that loop on the other side of the RF pouch to hold it tight?

OP
Sled

Sled

WKR
That's the size I am using on an AGC pouch. Can you take a rubber and slid it on the webbing first, put the RF pouch on, twist the rubber and to take up the slack and then put that loop on the other side of the RF pouch to hold it tight?
I'll give that a try, that is assuming you were talking about a rubber band. Just need to find a thick rubber band first. Where I come from a rubber is something completely different.

sndmn11

WKR
I'll give that a try, that is assuming you were talking about a rubber band. Just need to find a thick rubber band first. Where I come from a rubber is something completely different.

Yep, rubber band!

I use a Velcro wrap on the backside to create thickness for my knife. Maybe that inadvertently causes the same effect the rubber band would.

PXL_20210708_160118218.jpgPXL_20210708_160236144.jpg

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, rubber band!

I use a Velcro wrap on the backside to create thickness for my knife. Maybe that inadvertently causes the same effect the rubber band would.

View attachment 305223View attachment 305224
Sorry to hijack this post, but can I ask a question about your setup?
I notice you have the buckle delete kit on the side buckles. I already installed them on my top buckles but I’m considering putting on the side too. How do you like it? Any issues with them slipping, etc?

sndmn11

WKR
Sorry to hijack this post, but can I ask a question about your setup?
I notice you have the buckle delete kit on the side buckles. I already installed them on my top buckles but I’m considering putting on the side too. How do you like it? Any issues with them slipping, etc?

If you keep them slightly snug they don't slip. That is easy by tucking the tag end in the keepers.