Massive Shooting Complex (It's going to be awesome)

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
My dad and I recently had dinner with Governor Kristi Noem. The discussion was in regards to a world class shooting complex just North of our manufacturing facility in Rapid City, South Dakota. Our company has made a multi year financial commitment to help bring this complex to life.

As a veteran, hunter, and recreational shooter, I have always been a heavy Pro 2A guy, but I also put my money where my mouth is. Our gun rights are everything and need to be protected for generations to come. This facility will have ranges for archery, trap, pistol, LE/Military training, long range, and more using some pretty cool technology (checking your 1200 yard shot from your phone). They will even have a range for pistol shooting off a a horse!! There will be areas for vendor setup during events, a dining facility for events and fundraisers, and multiple hotels nearby for large events.

More money needs to be raised from private donors to help get this facility completed. There are plans for national shooting competitions, fundraisers, company events, and the ability to set up company booths for shooting events (like TAC). If you or your company wants to help create this legacy facility...send me a PM for a packet going over the entire facility and donation/advertising opportunities.

I am super excited for this thing and wanted to make everyone aware of it. Ground breaking begins at the end of this month, with a completion date set for Fall of 2025...although (fingers crossed) there were talks of it being completed early during the Fall of 2024.

Above all else, I hope many gun bearing families can enjoy this facility for decades to come! A lot of gun, shooting, and hunting classes/education will be occurring here. My hope is that everyone here can have an opportunity to come visit South Dakota and use it once it is completed.

Thanks!

-Tyler

F045AA2F-CBD6-4D2C-8631-E6520AB105D8.jpgSouthRange-BuildingView.jpgSouthRange-MainOverview-Angle2-label.jpgSouthRange-MainOverview-Angle1.jpgNorthRange-MainOverview-Angle2.jpg

Last edited:

Phaseolus

WKR
That’s really great! Thank you For supporting great shooting facilities. I’m lucky enough to live a couple miles from this facility in Western Colorado. The 3d archery ranges are awesome. I have a season Pass.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
I hope construction doesn't get tied up in litigation from surrounding landowners.
I wish it was built best river instead of west river though. Guess I'll have to schedule additional time when I visit customers in Rapid once it's done.

That’s really great! Thank you For supporting great shooting facilities. I’m lucky enough to live a couple miles from this facility in Western Colorado. The 3d archery ranges are awesome. I have a season Pass.

Colorado folks are spoiled with your public range options!

jmez

WKR
Where are they with the new bids? Original budget was $9 million to build. They received one bid, $19 million. That was from a local contractor heavily involved in the politics of pushing this through.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
Where are they with the new bids? Original budget was $9 million to build. They received one bid, $19 million. That was from a local contractor heavily involved in the politics of pushing this through.
The project is split into packages. Mass grading/Civil bid in August, low bid was $5.8 million.
Structures & final grade rebid just posted today on the builders exchanges. Bids December 14th.

KurtR

WKR
boy the land owners out their are complaining. Its quite the discussion on facebook. I hope it gets built it looks great

OP
TandKHunting

TandKHunting

MADE IN THE USA - VETERAN OWNED
Classified Approved
boy the land owners out their are complaining. It’s quite the discussion on facebook. I hope it gets built it looks great
It’s for sure being built. The state is breaking ground at the end of this month.

Many of the land owners complaining live 5 miles away from the complex.

Does it suck for the guy who’s across the road? Of course, but it doesn’t matter where you put it. It will inconvenience one or two land owners in the immediate area no matter where it goes. It’s unfortunate for said individuals, but it is what it is.

Being in business the past 5 years I have realized one thing. You won’t make everyone happy, but the show goes on.

KurtR

WKR
It’s for sure being built. The state is breaking ground at the end of this month.

Many of the land owners complaining live 5 miles away from the complex.

Does it suck for the guy who’s across the road? Of course, but it doesn’t matter where you put it. It will inconvenience one or two land owners in the immediate area no matter where it goes. It’s unfortunate for said individuals, but it is what it is.

Being in business the past 5 years I have realized one thing. You won’t make everyone happy, but the show goes on.
If i was that guy i would shoot every day. It wouldnt matter if they put it in the middle of no where some one would complain.

spur60

Lil-Rokslider
Rhetorical questions here...
What will the GFP do if the next round of bids comes in over their budget again? Have they tapped into some new funding? Do they have further plans in place to trim the construction scope to fit their budget if this round of bids comes in over budget? I see a fair amount of MEP equipment and design that could be trimmed back to save some money looking at the plans and specs right now. Sure they issued a contract for the dirt work/civil; but that chewed up 2/3 of the original $9 million budget. We shall see what happens I guess...everybody keeps saying "it's a go."

Last edited:

TX_Diver

WKR
Hard to say without scale, but is there any concern that some of the facility is downrange of the LR range and only separated by a berm?

Can't find it to confirm but from memory there used to be a range in CA that had a similar setup and a guy was killed a few years back. Edit - Incident I was thinking of was at Raahauges in CA in early 2017 and involved a round going over a berm I think.

I was at a range w/ a similar layout but it was the skeet/trap range instead of the LR range. In that case it made sense to have a berm but it was always in the back of my mind going to change target faces.

Last edited: